Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we've been doing it for 90 years…setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We're part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you'll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You'll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today!
Position Title: Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
Reports To: Vice President, Finance
Date Last Revised: August 20, 2020
Exemption Status: Exempt
Serve as a key member of the Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems financial planning and analysis team providing analysis to drive performance and achieve business objectives.
- Responsible for monitoring financial performance, analyzing and interpreting operating results, investigating variances and unusual items; and evaluating their effect on operations.
- Report results to PBT/CoC/Functional leadership along with recommendations for action.
- Drive the Operations/functional financial planning process for monthly forecast, annual budgeting, and five-year strategic plan.
- Drive the financial planning process for monthly forecast, annual budgeting, and five-year strategic plan.
- Develop, enhance and maintain operational and ad-hoc reports to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements
- Support the PBT/CoC/functional financial planning process for monthly forecast, annual budgeting, and five-year strategic plan.
- Prepare various monthly presentation packages for management reviews
- Interface with General Accounting to support various activities related to Month/Quarter/Year-end closing.
- Extensive understanding of financial concepts including financial statement analysis, accounting, budgeting, profitability analysis, and standard costing methodologies.
- Solid understanding of the drivers of the business (i.e. industry volume patterns, specific customer products, customer/market mix, etc.).
- IFRS knowledge and experience preferred.
- Comprehensive financial analysis skills that enable development and evaluation of business transactions and models.
- Advanced Excel modeling and programming skills required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to influence both KB and Bendix management.
- Ability to deal tactfully and confidently with customers/personnel at all organizational levels in independent and often stressful and ambiguous situations.
- Ability to build and utilize teams to resolve complex problems.
- Motivated and proactive self-starter with a sense of urgency and results oriented.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to; initiate, lead and mentor projects/teams to identify root causes and corrective actions.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple, complex, and ambiguous tasks.
- Minimum 10 years of direct and progressive financial analysis experience in a prior manufacturing environment.
- Prior plant experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and develop talent
- SAP or other similar financial Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems experience
- Experience in project management and/ or financial management, including managing budgets, preparing estimates at complete and performing variance analysis.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Finance or Accounting required. MBA and or CPA preferred.
- Green Belt certification is a plus.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- Telework policy
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Company-Paid Benefits:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company-Paid Benefits:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.