At ADT, we've been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit or follow us on Twitter , LinkedIn , Facebook and Instagram .
- Improving ADT Commercial's market position and achieving financial growth.
- Developing strategic account plans for assigned vertical market and territory.
- Evaluating and prioritizing which clients within the assigned vertical market are essential to ADT Commercial's growth.
- Fostering strong business relationships, creating a level of trust, and uncovering the best opportunities that generate the most revenue.
- Assist in the training of NAMs and District sales reps around the specific vertical market
Duties And Responsibilities
- Builds market position by locating, developing, defining, and closing business relationships within a specific vertical market.
- Becoming a Subject Matter Expert within the specific vertical market
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Tracks individual contributors and their accomplishments within their vertical market
- Discovers and explores new business opportunities. Examines risks and potentials for the business opportunities.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying needs of the vertical market within the company's strategies and operations.
- Works with sales reps to close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Support and manage facility site surveys, system layout design and specification, budget and finalized turnkey and "parts and smarts" proposals, sales estimating and order bookings where necessary.
- Provide and coordinate representation at area trade shows and industry events.
- Promote the ADT Commercial brand awareness, presence and value in the specific vertical market.
- Support National Accounts, assist with establishing new relationships.
- Prepare and manage vertical sales forecasting, opportunities and pipeline reporting using Salesforce.com
- Establish Regional/District commitments for vertical market sales and market share growth, create buy-in for the VM specific product lines and opportunities.
- Provide and manage training on new products and technologies, selling strategies, and VM specific codes & standards.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Skills & Experience):
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in similar business development leadership role(s).
- Assess, coach, develop talent and managing multi-disciplinary organizations.
- Establish business direction and execute strategy development and implementation.
- Lead a significant business unit of similar size; scope, design, and implement business solutions to build/grow a market.
- Influence business decisions in a highly matrixed organization.
- Exceed predetermined revenue share and customer obsession objectives.
- Must have exceptional business acumen and in-depth knowledge of the industry and the market to identify opportunities and translate them into actionable plans.
- Must possess excellent composure, high level presentation skills, and fluency in building relationships.
- Confident in the use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc
- Prospecting and Closing skills
- Motivation for sales achievement
- Sales planning knowledge and experience
- Strong understanding of the specific Vertical Market
- Strong presentation and training skills
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Normal office/field environment.
- Must be able to work extended hours to support timelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; twist, use hands to handle, push, pull or feel, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.