More information about this job: Overview: FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities: The Manager of Infrastructure enablement is a key role in the infrastructure organization enabling the effective overall working of the infrastructure function by managing the key cross-functional operational and administrative needs of the organization.
These include managing audit, external regulatory and corporate compliance, industry framework application (e.g., ITIL, CIS, MSOF) and maturity modeling, financial reporting, software and hardware lifecycle and contracts tracking, development of cross-team processes and process improvement, business analysis functions and other administrative oversight as needed.
These functions are critical to the overall functioning of the infrastructure functions, key in affecting the teams overall ability to deliver on its accountabilities.
- Responsible for the overall planning, budget and financial reporting functions within ICS.
- Performs strategic analysis to identify and maximize opportunities to improve infrastructure processes and promote the use of metrics and measures. (KROs)
- Successfully manages the infrastructure hardware/software lifecycle and licensing function.
- Identifies, develops and implements optimized process improvements and policies affecting cross-team infrastructure functions.
- Coordinates and provides collective response and tracking of adherence to infrastructure governance needs. This includes internal audit, external regulatory agencies, internal compliance (e.g. NAR, CIS, etc)
- Works with key ICS, S&BE and business leaders to provide critical business analysis capability, providing guidance and subject matter expertise.
- Ensure the overall application and maturity assessments of infrastructure functions to selected industry frameworks such as ITIL, MSOF, CIS, etc.
- Manages staff, understands, and administers appropriate employee relations policies and procedures, including, all aspects of the hiring process; performance management; employee development; disciplinary action; and termination.
- Determines candidates to be interviewed, makes hire/termination recommendations, develops/delivers performance appraisals and corrective action plans and establishes employee objectives through performance management process; recommends compensation adjustments and promotions.
- Develops, trains and coaches employees in new skills and identifies and develops leadership candidates.
- Has signing authority and approves expenditures up to signing authority limit.
- This position is a manager of several individual contributors. As such, the incumbent must be adept at setting direction and objectives for his/her team and then ensuring that results are achieved while growing the capabilities of their team and coaching individuals to align with business needs/objectives and in their career advancement.
- The incumbent in this role must possess strong attention to detail and have experience managing the administrative function within a large technology organization. They should also have experience with IT auditing functions coupled with proven leadership and collaboration skills. The individual must be able to positively interact, communicate and present detailed information effectively with cross functional teams and various levels of management and senior leadership. Success within this role depends on high levels of capability in the areas of strategic planning, negotiation, and execution.
- Minimum bachelors degree in computer science, Business Administration, MIS or related discipline with an IT focus required, Masters degree or equivalent experience desirable.
- Minimum 8 years (10+ desired) Related work experience, which ideally includes, IT budgeting, IT Auditing and regulatory management, familiarity with technology frameworks, executive reporting capabilities and management of people and corporate processes along with service delivery. Strong business analysis and financial/technology reporting background is desired. 5+ years of people management and leadership experience.
- Related work experience, which ideally includes, IT budgeting, IT Auditing and regulatory management, familiarity with technology frameworks, executive reporting capabilities and management of people and corporate processes along with service delivery. Strong business analysis and financial/technology reporting background is desired. 5+ years of people management and leadership experience.
- Ability to successfully manage an IT governance plan providing accurate and actionable analysis, coordination, and reporting
- Successful vendor relationship management activities, including managing contract provisions, maintenance, and service contracts.
- Knowledge and experience with an IT lifecycle management process including inventory and disposal control.
- Knowledge of IT governance along with auditing principles and the ability to measure compliance and effectiveness.
- Knowledge and experience with IT frameworks and successful analysis of maturity to drive improvements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express complex technical concepts or business rules in business terms.
- Strong customer focus and relationship skills with ability to manage client expectations of business sponsor/business unit staff.
- Demonstrated ability to staff, lead, influence and motivate individuals that may comprise multiple, results-driven project teams which apply skills and techniques to solve problems and to meet business objectives.
- Strong project management skills with experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from vision through implementation involving cross-functional staff and both internal and external resources.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- A servant leader and role model with exceptional planning, analytical, decision-making, organization, communication, and teamwork skills, as well as strong enterprise infrastructure knowledge with the ability to influence others and build consensus.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.