Maintenance Technician / Boiler Operator - Lied Lodge at Arbor Day Farm
Are you a person who thrives on having multiple responsibilities that change on a daily basis? Are you a person who loves problem solving complicated maintenance related problems? Does the opportunity to make the world a better place through service and hospitality intrigue you? Are you naturally inclined to help and serve others in a warm and friendly manner? If so, please keep reading!
Our organization: The Arbor Day Foundation was founded in 1972 & has grown to become the largest nonprofit membership organization dedicated to planting trees, with more than one million members, supporters, and valued partners. Their vision is to help others understand and use trees as a solution to many of the global issues we face today, including air quality, water quality, climate change, deforestation, poverty and hunger. As one of the world's largest operating conservation foundations, the Arbor Day Foundation educates and engages stakeholders and communities across the globe to involve themselves in its mission of planting, nurturing and celebrating trees. More information is available at arborday.org
Our property : There is something special about this place. We have the opportunity and privilege to work at Arbor Day Farm. It is a storied property where all four elements of the Arbor Day Foundation mission come to life. We create a distinctive, genuine experience that makes the guest feel cared for, inspired, and refreshed through all five senses. Our goal is that the experience of our guests and team members will be uniquely memorable. Our authentic hospitality will engage and enhance their moments inside our walls. Our meaningful story will enlighten and impact their appreciation of trees and our natural surrounds. The Lied Lodge & Conference Center resides within the 260 acres of Arbor Day Farm, which is a property owned & operated by the Arbor Day Foundation. It was created to give guests a place to experience nature in a comfortable setting. A natural setting, warm ambience, and exceptional service make Lied Lodge & Conference Center unique to our guests. Lied Lodge & Conference Center is regionally recognized & offers 140 guest rooms, over 14,000 square feet of meeting space, and hosts a diverse audience of business and leisure guests 365 days a year.
Who we're looking for:
The Arbor Day Foundation is searching for a Maintenance Technician/Boiler Operator to ensure our facilities are properly maintained. The person selected will also be eager about the additional responsibilities they may take on in this role such as boiler operations, basic hotel room maintenance, carpentry tasks, plumbing, pool management, and much more. This person will report directly to our Chief Engineer.
The Arbor Day Foundation offers an excellent work environment, an attractive benefits package, and the rewarding opportunity to facilitate environmental stewardship. If this unique opportunity sounds like a great fit for your talents and interest, please apply with a cover letter and resume to the Arbor Day Foundation's careers page at .
Essential Functions of the position:
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting all maintenance problems on-site
- React to guest needs and department requests to maintain the entire facility by performing various maintenance tasks related to a variety of trades.
- Respond to guest requests throughout the hotel to make necessary repairs and / or accommodate the guest.
- Work with all other departments to make necessary repairs to ensure a safe and secure resort.
- Maintain all inspection and log sheets to ensure proper preventative maintenance and operations are documented.
- Complete job orders pertaining to tasks such as dry wall, carpentry and painting.
- Complete minor repairs to boiler plant equipment, including any electrical or plumbing repairs to pumps and other equipment.
- Visually inspect, diagnose problems and make necessary repairs as needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe facility while performing maintenance work.
- Interact with all team members in a positive, professional manner, keeping them informed of necessary maintenance status information.
- Be knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and maintenance safety standards.
- Assist with a variety of special projects within the department.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to provide world-class service to guests & Team Members
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Energetic, positive team player
- Ability to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Must possess computer skills
- Must be able to read, write, & speak English.
- Must have strong working knowledge of how to diagnose and troubleshoot HVAC and Refrigeration electrical circuits,
- Must be familiar with the multiple types of refrigerants used in the industry.
- Must be able to handle standing/walking, carrying/lifting up to 50 pounds, bending/twisting, climbing stairs, climbing ladders of various heights, crawling into tight spaces, and handle all other physical aspects
- Valid Driver's License in good standing with the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Passion for the Foundation's mission of tree planting and environmental stewardship.
- 2-3 years of demonstrated maintenance experience to include boiler room operations, carpentry, and plumbing.
- HVAC/Refrigeration experience is strongly desired, but not required.
- Self-directed individual with the ability to work on multiple tasks independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Committed to teamwork and the ability to maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive outlook and attitude.
- Able to stand/walk up to 6-8 hours per day.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Able to lift, push, and pull a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Full-time position
- Must have the ability to work a variety of shifts (days, nights, weekends, & holidays)
- Must be able to be on-call
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary, dependent upon experience
- Relocation package available to candidates outside of the local area
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k + company match
- Company paid short-term disability & long-term disability
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- Paid-time off, paid sick leave, & paid volunteer leave
- Discounts on food, rooms, retail gift shop items, & golf
- Free admission to on-site attractions
- Access to pool & sauna
Keywords: *Boiler Operator jobs, trades and labor jobs, Nebraska City jobs, Maintenance Technician jobs