For over a decade, Post Road Management has been offering full-service property management and maintenance services throughout the Lehigh Valley and surrounding areas. Also included in our range of services is asset and construction management of multi-family dwellings, single family homes, and complete rehab developments. We have an immediate full-time need for a capable, hardworking, and honest home Maintenance Technician. The Maintenance Technician understands all aspects of residential construction. Prior experience in home / apartment remodeling is required, specifically in carpentry, painting, drywall. Basic knowledge of plumbing and electrical is also required. Benefits include health insurance, paid time off and paid holidays. We also offer professional development assistance relative to skills and position.
Job Responsibilities for the Maintenance Technician role include:
- Perform remodeling functions: carpentry, painting, drywall
- Perform basic electrical,
- Perform basic plumbing,
- Perform other general maintenance assignments
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Performs general carpentry duties such as wallboard repair, counter-top/cabinet replacement, finish carpentry, window/glass repair, door/lock repair, and ceramic tile repair. Assists with vinyl floor, cove and wall base installation.
- Performs various maintenance functions including minor repairs that do not require the need for a license in the following areas: electrical, plumbing, appliances, flooring, carpentry, painting, heating/air issues.
- Schedules and assists with daily operations (work orders, repaints/re-carpets, apartment turnovers, etc.).
- Communicates with property manager on a daily basis.
- Conducts apartment and property inspections.
- Performs emergency on-call service for after-hours maintenance-related issues as required. Must be willing to work a monthly on call schedule.
- Performs assigned preventive maintenance duties and tasks.
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies. Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents, vendors, contractors, inspectors, city officials, and staff.
- Maintain a work order assignment program for completed and pending work orders.
- Prioritize and complete work orders in a timely manner. Monitor all deficiencies. Communicate to the requesting party upon completion when needed.
- Check emails regularly and respond as needed on a timely basis.
- Understanding of all aspects of residential construction.
- Prior experience in home / apartment remodeling, specifically in carpentry, painting, drywall.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing and electrical.
- Experience in budgeting time and resources for accurate quotes to deliver exceptional, quality work on time and within budget.
- Has own personal tools
- Reliable transportation and valid driver's license
- Planning, time management skills and ability to multitask
- Dependable, adaptable, excellent problem solving/analysis skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and written.
- Must possess neat and orderly work habits.
Must be able to move and lift up to 50 pounds frequently, climb and work on ladders, work with
arms raised over head, stand/walk for long periods of time. Continually required to utilize hand
and finger dexterity, climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include: Close vision; Depth perception and ability to adjust focus