StoneCreek Communities is looking to hire a stellar Maintenance Technician in West County.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB INCLUDE:
1. Maintenance and Grounds Responsibilities
2. Respond to resident/management requests and service requests for occupied apartments.
3. Adhere to company policy requiring all requests be completed within 48 hours, with the exception of requests requiring replacement parts.
4. Ensure emergency/priority requests are completed within 24 hours of submission.
5. Prepare vacant apartments for move-in as directed by Maintenance Supervisor.
6. Ensure vacant units for move ins follow company policy of no more than 7 business days for turn units and are "turn-key" ready a minimum of 48 hours prior to schedule move in.
7. Identify and report hazardous community conditions.
8. Tour property daily to look for needed maintenance and liability hazards
9. Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and apartments
10. Inform Maintenance Supervisor of requests for supplies and parts for review and approval.
11. Provide superior maintenance service to residents in efforts to maintain minimum retention rate of 60% average each quarter.
12. Complete required monthly GROW courses
13. Provide efficient and courteous response to all resident requests with follow-up calls and excellent customer service.
14. Prioritize service requests and monitor resident satisfaction in person or through follow-up calls. Pick up litter on the property and report any capital projects
15. Attendance is an essential job function.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
1. Assist with and prepare for hazardous weather situations including but not limited to: snow and ice removal, fires, floods, freezes, downed trees.
2. Responsible for maintaining organization and cleanliness of work areas and maintenance shops.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted, or modified at any time by your management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
EDUCATION AND MANDATORY SKILLS:
-High School Diploma or equivalent; some college or trade school preferred.
- EPA certification (Type I and II or Universal) mandatory.
-CPO (Certified Pool Operator) preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE:
- At least 2 years experience in multifamily maintenance or equivalent role. - Fast-paced, high energy individual with great attention to detail. - Excellent oral and written communication skills using the English language. - Self-starter who is outgoing, motivated and customer service oriented. - Preferred basic knowledge in plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, painting, locks/keys, and drywall. - Must be able to physically work on feet all day long and carry loads up to 75lbs as well as use a ladder. - - Ability to handle evening and weekend emergency on-call duty on a bi-weekly basis. - Reliable transportation and method of contact.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Will be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light to heavy weight material/appliance/equipment), climbing ladders/stairs, and walking on rooftops. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small-motorized equipment (i.e., repetitive hand/wrist, griping and elbow motion). Must have normal range of hearing, vision, color discrimination and depth perception for proper operation and repair of machines, wiring and equipment. Must be able to complete tasks wearing appropriate safety equipment (i.e., back belts, goggles, masks and gloves).
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to read and write in English at intermediate level to read diagrams, meters, instructions and write reports. Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions and plans. On a regular basis must use independent judgment (following prescribed procedures) to determine actions to be taken, priorities and emergencies. Must be able to deal with moderate to high levels of stress due to meeting deadlines, prioritizing activities and potentially negative interaction with residents. Will interact regularly with residents, vendors, contractors, supervisors, employees and coworkers and therefore, must have excellent interpersonal skills.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
In this position you will be exposed on a regular basis to outdoor environment including heat, cold, damp, rain, ice and snow. Will be regularly called upon to work overtime and service after hour's emergencies. Refer to Property Manager for community specific schedule.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $19.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* On call
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
* EPA Certification Type I and II or Universal (Required)
* One location