*Open Interviews Every Friday from 9am -12PM*
*th Ave NW*
*Norman, OK 73072*
The Apartment Service Technician is responsible for maintaining the essential job integrity of the community at all times. This involves ensuring a quality living environment for residents, visitors, and staff. It is the Apartment Service Technician's duty to anticipate, identify, and correct any and all maintenance related problems. An effective program of maintenance is essential in order to:
* Maintain a quality environment
* Cultivate resident satisfaction
* Protect the investment of the apartment property owner(s)
Non-exempt (eligible for overtime) Hourly
*Duties and Responsibilities*
Conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Oklahoma Landlord/Tenant Act, OSHA, state and federal laws, _etc_ .
* Performs maintenance tasks assigned by the manager in a timely and professional manner.
* Maintains a professional and pleasant attitude when in contact with residents and fellow co-workers.
* Promotes positive resident relations.
* May assist manager in scheduling or communicating with vendors for particular work orders or projects.
* Provides excellent customer service to residents.
* Follows CMG policies and procedures regarding resident communications, _g.,_ service requests, questions, _etc._
* Maintains a thorough knowledge of necessary laws of EPA and OSHA regulations governing property storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics, and refrigerants.
* Must be aware of the condition of physical property throughout the community and immediately correct unsafe conditions; _g.,_ broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights.
* Maintains accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, refurbish/replacement log, apartment make-ready status, work in progress, etc. by completing appropriate forms and submitting to the manager.
* Schedules and performs minor and routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis. Inspects and maintains all tools in excellent condition.
* Instills a "safety first" attitude not only with other AST's but also with all staff.
* Must be aware of location of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer clean-outs.
* Performs work area clean-up and safety related duties.
* Ensures that storage areas &/or maintenance shops are locked when not in use. Assists with keeping shop clean and organized.
* Inspects vacated apartments and completes make-ready checklist for each vacant apartment.
* Routinely performs the following duties (when applicable) in order to restore apartments to "market ready" status. Including, but not limited to:
* Checks all lights and replaces as necessary.
* Replaces or repairs windows, latches, screens, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors, and closets.
* Checks applicable appliances and informs manager of any problems.
* Removes or assists in moving/changing appliances from apartment.
* Makes keys for new move ins.
* Checks faucets, sink plugs and repairs/replaces as necessary. Replaces washers when needed. Performs exterior repairs to sinks, bathtubs, etc., when warranted.
* Paints apartment or assists in painting apartment when needed.
* Repairs or replaces mini-blinds, ceiling fans, etc.
* Repairs plaster holes in walls, paints as necessary.
* Inspects bathroom tiles, performs repairs and replacements
* Changes A/C filters
* Trashes out apartment and disposes of items in dumpsters.
* Diagnoses and performs minor or routine maintenance or repair involving the following on a daily basis.
* Electrical and plumbing (including water lines).
* A/C and heating systems.
* Water irrigation systems.
* Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings.
* Tile, carpet, flooring.
* Roofing, gutters, fasteners.
* Interior/Exterior lights.
* Fireplaces, ceiling fans.
* Gas fixtures and appliances (where applicable).
* Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors.
* Boiler, gas and electric.
* Door locks, mailbox locks, storage locks.
* Alarm systems (where applicable).
* Ceiling leaks.
* Pool areas, tile, pool furniture.
* Trash pick up in keeping grounds clean at all times.
* Delivers notices to apartments.
* Reports needed supplies to manager for approval to purchase.
* Performs other tasks assigned by the manager.
* Ensures all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule.
* Reports all major repairs and requisitions to manager prior to purchasing anything.
* Changes locks and makes keys.
* Maintains adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs and situations.
* Identifies all major meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer clean-outs, and prepares maps indicating same.
* Reviews make-ready board each morning for updates made by the manager of scheduling of vacant units.
* Clock in and out for timekeeping purposes.
Must be able to perform the essential job requirements and be able to take direction. Requires previous experience in property maintenance or a related field. Criminal background checks will be conducted prior to hiring.
*_Equipment Required: _*
Required to wear goggles when working with specific equipment, back support belts (if needed), wear gloves and masks and other safety equipment as tasks dictate.
*_Work Hours: _*
Minimum of 40 hours per week unless a part time employee. Weekends as circumstances warrant; on-call on a rotating basis and for emergencies.
* _Equipment/Machinery/Tools: _ \*
An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools. May include, but are not limited to:
*Hand Tools* Various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, sledgehammer, snips, posthole diggers, etc.
*Power Tools* Wrenches, grinders, sanders, drills, saws, etc.
*User/Moved Aids* Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, step ladders, full ladders, double ladders.
*Mechanical Equip.* Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand power augers, key-cutting machine, etc.
*Measuring Devices* Calipers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, gauges, _etc._
* \* High School diploma or equivalent preferred. Any technical/trade certifications a plus.
*Essential Job Requirements*
* \* Constant need to be on feet. (66% to 100% of the time)
* Have constant need to perform the following physical activities:
Perform routine cleaning; pick up debris and trash
Routing cleaning and maintenance repairs require access to 2nd & 3rd floor apts.
Move light furniture, appliances, open & close doors, etc.
Handle cleaning tools and equipment
Inventory maintenance, completing work orders, purchase requests
Move, store and transport supplies, carpet, equipment, _etc._ :
Over 100 lbs. Rare need (less than 1% of the time)
50 lbs-75 lbs. Occasional need (1% to 33% of the time)
25 lbs-50 lbs. Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time)
1 lbs-25 lbs Constant need (66% to 100% of the time)
* \* Constant need to notice difference between clean and unclean. Observe areas needing attention. Constant need to see small details when performing routine maintenance duties.
* Constant need to fill out work order forms; understand instruction labels, cautionary labels, and written instruction forms from the manager; read the make-ready board for updates.
* Frequent need to monitor the property for potential maintenance problems and diagnose needed repairs or other maintenance.
* Must be able to match paint, as needed, in the interior and exterior of the apartments and its buildings.
* Constant need to effectively communicate with the manager, other staff members, vendors, and residents.
* M *ust be able to: *
* Work in a fast-paced and service-oriented environment.
* Perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
* Work as part of a team, as well as complete assignments independently.
* Take instructions from supervisors.
* Exercise problem solving skills and resource skills.
* Interact with co-workers, supervisors, guests, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
* Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking beyond a specific set of instructions and, in particular, define problems, collect important data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and initiate appropriate course of action. Must be able to effectively convey ideas, images, and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
* Frequent need to utilize personal transportation to pick up replacement parts and supplies from vendors. Rotation "on-call" status may occasionally require expedient travel to assigned property in a moments notice. Pick up deliveries if needed. Assisting other properties with maintenance needs if requested by manager or Regional Director.
*MUST have valid driver's license and auto insurance.*
* Indoors (66% to 100% of the time). Occasionally outdoors (33% to 66% of the time).
* Occasional exposure to caustics, solvents, oils, fumes, flammables, pesticides, etc.
* Learn and comply with all company safety rules...... click apply for full job details