The Maintenance Technician is responsible for a wide range of functions for our locations. The Technician is expected to be capable of performing repairs and servicing equipment for the following categories: electrical, gasoline equipment, plumbing, refrigeration, general mechanical, electronic and skill sets are assigned. The Technician should represent the company's core values and perform
all duties with safety being the paramount goal.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
• Diagnostic and repair to electrical systems, including wiring, breakers, outlets and lighting.
• Diagnostic and repair to gasoline pumps and dispensers and associated equipment.
• Diagnostic and repair to plumbing system to include toilets, faucets, lines and filters.
• Diagnostic and repair to refrigeration/HVAC equipment as applicable to skill set.
• Assist in installation of fuel equipment.
• Repair or installation of other store fixtures as required.
• Perform maintenance within a reasonable amount of time.
• Assist Preventative Maintenance team with required tasks.
• Assist with Snowplow/salting services if required after appropriate training.
• Diagnose the root causes of problems in order to prevent future occurrences.
• Always represent the maintenance department professionally.
• Travel to all locations is required.
• Work with appropriate vendors, under the Maintenance Manager's guidance, to schedule service and acquire parts.
• Be able to respond after hours and on weekends to emergency service calls.
*All other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Proficiency in maintenance of gasoline dispensing equipment.
• Working knowledge in at least one additional field as listed in the job summary.
• Strong communications and computer skills.
• Be physically capable of standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing reaching and lifting to 70 pounds.
• Previous experience with snowplow/salting a plus.
• Completion of a related trade school program preferred.
• Electric or HVAC certification a plus.
• 1-year related experience preferred.
• Proven mechanical and electrical skills.
• Must have knowledge of tools and equipment used in construction environment.
• Excelling communications, analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to learn and utilize computer applications, smart phone, and ticketing system required.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
• Availability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment testing, including background check, drug screen, and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check
• Preferred HVAC/refrigeration certification or equivalent experience.
• Gilbarco dispenser certification or equivalent experience.
• VeriFone POS system certification or equivalent experience.
Coen's mission is to impress and satisfy our customers and clients with every visit and make their lives simpler through the following Seven Core Principles.
- Do the right thing, right now, every time
- Embrace change
- Communicate with transparency
- Respect and value guests and team members
- Treat our vendors as partners
- Have a passion for winning
- Commit to making a positive impact on the community
Born Here, Raised Here! Coen Markets, Inc. is one of the oldest and largest convenience chains in the Pittsburgh region. We began serving the public in 1923, and today we have over 50 locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Our mission is to impress and satisfy our guests with every visit and make their lives simpler. We strive to provide the highest level of service, the best food we can make in kitchens, and the most comfortable retail environment for our guests to make Coen their preferred place to shop.