FULL JOB DESCRIPTION None Specified
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION The Neiders Company
Providing Affordable Housing since 1987
LIHTC & HUD Certified
The Neiders company is a fully integrated real estate investment firm located in Seattle, Washington. Our company's culture remains our strong foundation and is key to our success. We currently own and operate affordable housing communities in Washington, Nevada, and New Mexico, with other markets under consideration. We take pride in celebrating our employees by creating a family-like atmosphere, providing continuous mentorship, and establishing an open-door policy.
The Neiders Company is an equal opportunity employer that provides over 190 employees with competitive wages, training and resources, benefits packages, and career growth opportunities. Financial strength, smart acquisitions, and demonstrated expertise in repositioning assets in affordable and growing markets has allowed our company to enjoy steady growth for over 30 years. We are honored recipients of four INC 5000 awards, and we proudly support civic, community, and charitable causes in every market we serve.
The Neiders Company aspires to conduct business with the utmost integrity, consistency, and quality in all our endeavors. Affordable housing is central to our operation, and we believe residents deserve to be treated with respect and compassion and wherever possible, resources to qualify for leases.
Integrity- Performing in an honest, respectful, and correct manner in both thoughts and actions.
Consistency- Providing harmony of experience with professionalism.
Quality- Delivering care and service that exceeds the expectations of those we serve.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated Maintenance Technician who wants to join a dedicated and growing team. This multi-site-position will oversee several properties across the Seattle area, and will report to the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager. An ideal candidate has exceptional problem-solving skills and the desire to learn.
Position will require to assist the senior maintenance technician in maintaining the physical integrity of the community. This involves ensuring a safe, secure, and comfortable living environment for residents, visitors and staff. Will carry out assigned duties in a safe manner and other duties as requested by the senior maintenance technician.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc
Essential Functions: Include but are not limited to-
- Work on maintenance of the building's exteriors, interiors, and common areas.
- Diagnoses and performs maintenance or repairs involving electrical, plumbing, HVAC systems, irrigation, stairs and other structures, fireplaces and more.
- Maintains adequate inventory of parts and materials required for common property repairs.
- Ensure deadlines and productivity are being executed.
- Institutes and manages systems for handling resident service requests and makes corrections timely.
- Communicates effectively with residents and supervisors.
- Performs electrical work.
- Can take assignments and direction form supervisor.
- Other General labor and maintenance services.
- Must be willing to rotate Emergency Maintenance Phone after hours.
- Must be knowledgeable of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing proper storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and Freon.
- Must be aware of the condition of apartment property throughout the community and immediately initiates action to correct unsafe conditions; e.g., broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights.
- Schedules and performs routine preventive maintenance on all appropriate equipment as directed by senior maintenance technician and manager. Inspects and maintains all tools in excellent condition.
- Must be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts.
- Performs work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Ensures that storage areas remain locked when not in use.
- Diagnoses and performs minor or routine maintenance or repair, as directed, involving the following on a daily basis:
- Electrical and plumbing (including water lines).
- A/C and heating systems.
- Appliances (when applicable).
- Water irrigation systems.
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings.
- Tile, carpet, flooring.
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners.
- Interior/exterior lights.
- Fireplaces, ceiling fans.
- Gas fixtures and appliances (where applicable).
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors. ? Boiler, gas and electric.
- Door locks, P.O. boxes and locks.
- Security systems (where applicable).
- Ceiling leaks.
- Pool areas, tile, hot tub/spa, pool furniture. ? Inspects and helps coordinate all needed make-ready repairs and services. Assists make-ready staff as required to meet deadlines.
- Reports all major repairs and need requisitions to senior maintenance technician and manager prior to any expenditure of funds.
- Changes locks and make keys.
- Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment (or vice versa) as circumstances warrant. Assists in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc., to dumpster when necessary.
- Must be knowledgeable of inventory levels of spare parts and supplies and inform senior maintenance technician of shortages.
- Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes, sweeps, shovels as circumstances warrant.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by senior maintenance technician and manager.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Reliable transportation a must.
- Must have own tools.
- Maintenance experience or experience in related field preferred.
- Experience in apartment maintenance/turnovers a plus.
- Electrical, appliance repair and painting skills highly desired.
- Position requires at least 1 year experience in apartment maintenance.
- Required to wear back support belt, wear goggles when working with specific equipment, wear masks and gloves and other safety equipment as tasks dictate.
- It is expected that the Maintenance Technician provides his/her own tools for use at the site. An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools:
- Hand Tools Various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, sledgehammer, snips, posthole diggers, etc.
- Power Tools Wrenches, grinders, sanders, drills, saws, etc.
- User-Moved Aids Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, step ladders, full ladders, double ladders.
- Mechanical Equip. Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand power augers, etc.
- Measuring Devices Calipers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, gauges, etc.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Work Hours: Standard Business Hours, Weekends when required.
- Physical aspects of the job may require heavy lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, climbing, balancing, carrying and other physically demanding tasks.
The Neiders Company offers a competitive salary, bonus opportunity and benefits package.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Housing Discount at TNC Properties
- Paid Vacation
- Opportunity for Advancement
LOCATION WA, Olympia
OPEN DATE 8/18/2021
NUMBER OF OPENINGS 1
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.