TITLE: Maintenance Supervisor
LOCATION: Monticello, IL
DATE POSTED: 7/12/2021
SALARY: Compensation based on experience
DESCRIPTION: JOB SUMMARY:
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the manufacturing plant and assumes responsibility for maintaining the physical assets of the property. This position will be responsible for a wide variety of general building maintenance, maintaining site services and manufacturing equipment repairs and services. Will manage 2 maintenance technicians on day shift. This is a 24/7 plant.
- Leads and execute day-to-day reliability excellence and maintenance activities for multiple properties, ensuring policies and procedures are followed related to employee safety and food/feed safety.
- Supports proper maintenance and repair of all plant/buildings and grounds equipment to include, troubleshooting, preventive, and predictive maintenance.
- Upload, download, configure, modify, and troubleshoot PLC programs and process instruments.
- Assist with building and wiring control panels for machinery per blueprints and schematics.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listens for problems; uses precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic components, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshoots malfunctions.
- Daily interaction with plant floor employees and will work closely with Engineering and other maintenance team members to support plant operations.
- Willing and able to take call in after hours.
- Oilseed extraction industry experience required.
- 8-10 years Maintenance out of a manufacturing environment.
- 2 - 5 years' experience leading a technical maintenance team.
- Predictive Maintenance preferred
- Lean manufacturing experience, a plus.
- Computerized Maintenance Management System =GuideTi) experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, and pneumatics and the ability to read and interpret blueprints. (PLC's and instrumentation experience).
- Ability to schedule maintenance, responding to breakdowns, diagnosing faults and repair equipment.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Outlook & Word)
- Experience with Siemens and Allen Bradley software highly preferred.
- Extreme climate or climate variation
- Heat up to 120 degrees and lows of 40
- Changes of >30 degrees within a shift
- Rotating and oscillating equipment
- Exposure to manufacturing equipment hazards, especially forklifts
- Standing and walking on concrete floor
Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid LI, AD&D, Matching 401K, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time off
PHM Brandsis an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state, or local law.