Location: US-CA-Port Hueneme
Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 1
Category: Skilled Trades
SJS Executives is seeking a maintenance mechanic. Our ideal candidate will perform a variety of journey level trade work involved in emergency/service, recurring maintenance and facilities alterations and repairs of buildings, grounds, and related structures, fixtures, equipment and utilities. The candidate will be skilled in the use of hand tools and a wide variety of trade equipment, and knowledgeable of the construction of commercial/industrial facilities, utilities and equipment, and of pertinent trade principles, theories and methods.
- Perform a variety of journey level trade work involved in emergency/service, recurring maintenance and facilities alterations and repairs of buildings, grounds, and related structures, fixtures, equipment and utilities.
- Work orders require performance of visual examination and operational tests toe of repair, replacement, adjustment, fabrication, and installation of electricity, electrical and mechanical equipment, high pressure piping, sheet metal, welding and masonry and sewage waste treatment plant equipment.
- Installs, overhauls and repairs gas and electrical galley equipment and performs necessary preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Installs, overhauls and repairs large commercial industrial air conditioning, exhaust, ventilating, humidifying/dehumidifying systems, high pressure boilers, and towers, with associated component equipment such as super heaters, pre-heaters, economizers, baffles; breechings, reciprocating/centrifugal compressors, refrigerant controls, hermetically sealed motors, condensers, pressure controls, thermostatic motor controls, automatic defrosting controls, feed water regulators, transformers, electrodes, governors, turbine blades, distribution lines, automatic alarms, etc.
- Installs, troubleshoots and repairs new and existing electrical wiring for industrial complexes and machinery, high tension lines, hydraulic equipment, conveyor systems, high intensity lighting systems and fire alarm systems;
- installs and repairs new and existing hydraulic,nitrogen, oxygen, steam heating and steam generating piping systems and steam generators, flash and expansion tanks, condensate/vacuum circulating pumps, and radiators
- constructs brick, block and stone structures such as circular smoke stars, chimneys, manholes, boilers, archways, and furnace walls.
- Ability to interpret and apply building plans, blueprints, diagrams and engineering drawings and use formulas.
- U.S Citizen or Resident Alien - Proof of Citizenship will be required
- Valid State Driver's License
- Ability to gain base access
- Journey level skills in any two of the following trades:
- Equipment Mechanics
- Sheet Metal Mechanic
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic.
SJS Executives, LLC is EOE, AA, M/F/Vet/Disability compliant. US Citizenship required for most jobs.