Do you love to create delight through design and attention to detail? Are you a MacGyver who always finds a way to get it done? If so, then we invite you to apply to AutoCamp to join our adventure.
AutoCamp Cape Cod is seeking a Maintenance Manager to oversee property maintenance of grounds, building facilities and guest accommodations. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for daily upkeep, preventive maintenance, small repairs and tasks, managing special projects, and communicating larger maintenance needs to the General Manager. They are also responsible for snow removal on property.
AutoCamp is a lifestyle hotel brand that is changing the way people experience the great outdoors. We provide an upscale, hassle-free, and comfortable experience in the world's top outdoor destinations - we call it Outdoor Hospitality.
Sound good? We'd love to hear from you. Be sure to fill out the application and if you have a resume and a cover letter attach them too.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead by example: provide high-quality service and uncompromising hospitality towards all customers and Associates.
- Manage a multi-cultural team and lead in a manner that embraces diversity.
- Guide maintenance Associates towards success as it relates to safe working practices, customer satisfaction, and property business. Will need to provide direction, establish priorities, assign tasks and coordinate work projects for Associates.
- Keep Associates informed about daily operations and events.
- Ensure Associates are properly logging time in and out, entering PTO hours, and following meal period break law. Troubleshoot discrepancies from previous shifts and make corrections as needed.
- Monitor Associate performance and safety practices. Providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations, and delivering recognition and rewards.
- Ensure all Maintenance Associates and Groundskeepers have a strong working understanding of safe work practices.
- Guarantee adherence to Autocamp's standards, as well as relevant Federal, State, and Local codes. Ensures property is being operated in a safe and effective manner by all maintenance Associates and contractors.
- Ensure all safety programs, measures and testing protocols are properly set-up, maintained and operational.
- Work with the General Manager to ensure that all safety records and test certificates/ licenses are kept up-to-date.
- Guides and adhere to all safety practices in accordance to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines.
- Practice safe chemical handling as prescribed in Material Safety and Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Carry out a diversity of skilled activities involving the repair, maintenance and upkeep of trailers, cabins, tents, facilities and equipment; assigns work and monitors maintenance Associates work in order to achieve the completion according to standards.
- Work with maintenance Associates to carry out diverse heating, plumbing, and refrigeration maintenance and repair related tasks.
- Ensure the proper operation and maintenance of all mechanical and electrical equipment which can be varied; such as hand and power tools, drill presses, saws, appliances and more.
- Keep all maintenance tools and equipment clean, secure, and in good operating condition.
- Troubleshoot what is needed to perform repairs; such as replacing or repairing fans, heating systems, keyless entry systems, refrigeration, plumbing, lighting circuits, as well as audio visual equipment.
- Identify and recommend improvements to the General Manager where and when needed.
- Create estimates for labor costs and items needed to complete work orders; acquire competitive pricing for supplies, equipment and contractors that may be required to complete the job.
- Produce and deliver reports of maintenance issues and problems as they arise.
- Ensures that all records of maintenance and testing results are being kept up-to-date.
- Create and maintain a planned preventative maintenance system for hotel furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E)
- Allocate duties to appropriate team members and contractors.
- Ensure grounds and structures are clean, organized and presentable at all times.
- Ensure the maintenance workshop and storage rooms are clean, organized and secured at all times.
- Partner with management to ensure the best possible experience for each guest, in accordance to Autocamp's standards and guidelines.
- Maintain a clean and well groomed appearance.
- Wear maintenance uniform and name tag while working on the property.
- Complete daily tasks and assignments provided by the management.
- Complete maintenance requests within 24 hours.
- Carry out preventive maintenance program on a regular and timely basis.
- Be available to respond to maintenance emergencies on a 24 hour call basis.
- Performs any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
- Performs snow removal on property (where applicable)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A working knowledge of heating, carpentry, electric and plumbing skills.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the use of a diverse set of tools, appliances and equipment.
- Strong comprehension of, and ability, to interpret sketches, blueprints, shop drawings, and work orders to Associates.
- Strong management and relational skills
- Prior hospitality or multifamily maintenance experience is preferred
- Hydraulics License a plus
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES
- A High School Diploma or G.E.D certificate is required
- Four or more years of progressive and practical experience in at least one or more of the skilled trades is required
- Four-year college degree is preferred
THE RIGHT PERSON WILL….
- Ability to accomplish a diversity tasks that relate to the repair and maintenance of structures, tools, equipment, appliances and grounds.
- Skilled in prioritizing assigned duties and evaluating the work of the maintenance team.
- Excellent and effective leadership skills that guides Associates in successfully carrying out a variety of duties associated with maintenance, buildings, grounds keeping and safety practices.
- Able to understand regulation codes and safety practices and communicate these effectively to Associates and management.
- Ability to solve practical problems and know how to navigate ambiguous situations where standards have not been established.
- Thoroughness and an Attention to Detail
- Excellent and Attentive Customer Service
- Comfortable regularly work outdoors, in all seasons and all-weather conditions
- Comfortable regularly work with mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Able to work a regular schedule which may include weekends, holidays and occasional overtime. 24-hour emergency on-call availability will also be required
- Must be a MacGyver, and able to find solutions when issues arise.