Youth on the Move Inc. is a transportation service specializing in the transport of children, groups and social service organizations. We serve a diverse community and have vehicles that can accommodate travelers no matter what their needs are. As a growing and thriving business in the Springfield area, we have been featured in articles throughout New England.
The Lot Supervisor position is based at our office at 34 Front St. in Indian Orchard, Springfield, ma. We are looking for an individual or individuals, that are reliable, trustworthy, and have open availability. We are looking for employees with strong communication skills and an even stronger work ethic that want to grow with an established company.
• Conducts routine maintenance inspection on all vehicles along with the drop off and return of the vehicle to the fleet.
• The ability to fill to drive clients to and from appointments as the schedule requires and as the business needs.
• Making sure that all vehicles are ready for departure from the lot beginning at 4:00 am, with all equipment inside of the vehicles
• Refueling all vehicles at the end of the day before departure so that they are ready for the next morning.
• Filling in for any employees that do not show up for their assigned duties and communicating this to the management team in a timely and orderly fashion.
• Other duties as assigned throughout the day by the Office manager.
• Identify and problem solve any issues that may arise when possible.
• Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients
• Valid driver's license
• Minimum of one year of supervisory experience in customer service or transportation field.
• Minimum of three years of driving experience.
• Ability to pass a background check.
• Bilingual applicant (English and Spanish) preferred.
• Experience with wheel chair accessible vehicles.
• Ability to pass a drug screening
• Must be comfortable working with the public
• Requires strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Ability to pass a Background screening.
Youth on the move is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.00 per hour
* Monday to Friday
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
* Driver's License (Required)
* One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
* Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
* People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
* Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
* Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
* Personal protective equipment provided or required
* Temperature screenings
* Social distancing guidelines in place
* Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place