Ace Hardware corporation is a retailer-owned cooperative of more than 5,000 independent Ace stores in all 50 states, and 70 countries, with 15 distribution centers throughout North America. Ace's distribution network is one of the cornerstones of the corporation's success. By utilizing advanced technology and an integrated team approach at our distributions centers nationwide, we're able to consistently deliver one of the highest service levels in the industry to our retailers. This commitment to excellence carries through to each employee at our distribution centers.
Ace is a place for you to have a long-term career you can be truly proud of with competitive pay, promotional opportunities, and comprehensive benefits for you and your family. Ace Hardware Distribution Centers are where team players collaborate to support amazing retailers be the most helpful hardware stores on the planet.
We have an opportunity for a Logistics Manager at our distribution center in Wilton, NY. The Logistics Manager will manage the Retail Support Center traffic department in a manner that is efficient and profitable, while providing ACE retailers superior transportation service. Provide staff with the leadership and direction required to meet goals and objectives for the traffic department as well as for the retail support center.
You will be part of a winning team that enjoys:
- Comprehensive health coverage and life benefits along with prescription drug, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts;
- Generous 401(k) Savings and Retirement Plan which includes a company match, and other company contributions;
- Eighteen (18) vacation days in 2022; vacation days in 2021-TBD based on hire date
- Tuition reimbursement program;
- Generous merchandise discount program; and
- Business casual dress every day!
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
The Logistics Manager will manage logistics personnel, logistics systems and the activities of the traffic department including all outbound shipments to retailers as well as managing backhaul opportunities. Responsible for the overall financial success of the traffic department.
- Lead, support and encourage Ace Values: Winning, Excellence, Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility and Teamwork.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and controlling products, goods and services to meet the needs of ACE retailers.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, or customer issues.
- Responsible for the maintenance of reports, process documentation, customer service logs, and training and safety records.
- Direct outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
- Negotiate transportation rates or services.
- Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding all financial goals for the department. Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) rules and regulations and driver safety.
- Maintain positive driver and staff employee relations.
- Manage and oversee private fleet of tractors and trailers executing deliveries out of the Retail Support Center.
- Responsible for the safety of the department and security of people and resources, accident investigations and loss prevention.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Responsible for optimal route structure and implementation, routing systems, demand planning, and overall logistics support.
- Serve as the focal point for the administration and oversight of the logistics process as well as tactical interactions with suppliers. This will include benchmarking, negotiating and managing third party vendor contracts and service levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree or related field or equivalent professional experience. Load/freight management/ brokering experience.
Proven management experience in a distribution/traffic role
Must be flexible and able to respond to driver inquiries outside the normal workday.
Ability to analyze and logistically manage a fleet of drivers.
Thorough knowledge of Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) rules and regulations.
Profit and loss and financial analysis skills.
Overage, shortage and damaged claims experience.
Note: This written "Position Description" is not intended to nor does it cover all aspects of the position title listed. It is meant to cover the basic/general essential job functions of a particular job. Each Retail Support Center may need to make revisions which specifically apply to their location.
Management reserve the right to change job duties, including essential job functions, as it sees fit according to business necessity.
Come along with us to serve a purpose and take pride in enabling independent stores owners to compete and grow as they execute our ultimate goal of being Helpful within their communities.
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.