SAIC is seeking a system administrator to support an enterprise Linux environment. Key duties include maintaining operating systems (primarily Linux), application support, integration, design, and assistance as needed with additional duties to support the team. Some Windows System Administration expertise is preferable.
Responsibilities include: Linux OS patching, file and server backups, maintaining group policies, booting servers, troubleshooting server issues, and managing print server installs, updates, and permissions. Responsible for the design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments and software. Schedule, plan and perform system upgrades.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI with FS
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- 6+ years of experience as a Linux Systems Administrator
- Demonstrated experience - Linux administration
- Demonstrated experience - VMWare administration and vSphere
- Demonstrated experience with VCenter (audit, monitoring, and resource adjustments)
- AWS (cloud) knowledge/expertise
- Knowledgeable of IC system security standards and INFOSEC processes and boards
- Demonstrated experience Linux security
- Demonstrated experience with Active Directory
- Experience managing hardware to include hardware administration: enterprise server racks, attached storage, and/or SAN storage
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com . For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom . For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability