SAIC is seeking an experienced Linux System Administrator to join an exciting team. You will support our customer team that designs, implements, maintains and supports enterprise class, highly available, scalable and secure information systems and applications. If you are eager to strengthen your capabilities in a dynamic environment, this is the job for you!
These duties will include hardware, software, operating system maintenance, performance tuning, capacity planning, and testing. Ideal candidate will have experience configuring and troubleshooting storage system hardware in a production environment.
The successful candidate will work within a team environment and will be expected to maintain technical expertise in all areas of computing hardware to facilitate continuous platform operations and troubleshooting time-sensitive issues along with evaluating and reporting on new platform technologies and recommending viable and scalable solutions for incremental enhancements.
The position requires a high degree of teamwork. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical aptitude supporting Linux servers. The candidate will need to be an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a collaborative team environment.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related field and 5 years or more experience OR 9 years or more of related experience in lieu of degree; OR Master's degree 3 years or more experience
- 3-5 years' experience as a Linux Sys Admin doing all activities such as installation, system integration, image development, patching, upgrades, complex problem resolution and other activities in large, complex environment
- An in-depth knowledge of the Linux operating systems.
- Experience with deploying and administering 25+ systems in a high-availability production environment.
- Demonstrated experience in hardware systems analysis to determine system requirements, define system design (integrating hardware and software requirements), develop system architectures, and assess functionality and performance of systems
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with other IT professionals outside of the work center as required by mission operations.
- Experience analyzing and developing systems in the context of changing technologies.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a required US DOE Q security clearance, can be uncleared to start
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com . For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom . For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability