At Brookfield Properties, the foundation of our success is firmly rooted in our people. Our company is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving to meet the needs of our communities and stakeholders. To meet this goal, we hire visionary, entrepreneurial talent who help us innovate and enhance our business. We build collaborative teams who value integrity, creativity and diversity.
Our teams operate an iconic portfolio of irreplaceable properties within the world's most dynamic markets. As one of the largest real estate services companies, we provide management and development expertise exclusively for properties owned by Brookfield Asset Management. We take pride in the fact that our multifamily communities are places our residents are proud to call home. Our customer-focused associates set us apart from our competition - managing every aspect of our communities to ensure the highest level of service, value and convenience for residents.
We are searching for a talented Leasing Consultant, Residential to be based out of The Yards in Washington, DC.
- Meets with prospective residents, identifies their housing needs, interviews them to determine eligibility based on established criteria, shows vacant and model suites and property amenities based on established techniques specified by the company. Quotes established rental rates and promotions. Makes follow-up calls, sends follow-up literature and pursues rental status. Collects funds related to applications, security deposits and rentals. Required to manage all internet leads and proper follow up.
- Completes applicant screening process and prepares appropriate correspondence based upon the result.
- Prepares leases and related leasing addendums. Maintains lease records and files. Maintains property waiting list and other updates to various records and reports in accordance with policy and procedures, applicable affordable housing programs and HUD/Agency regulations.
- Supports and ensures timely input, proper use and full utilization of on-site PC-based property management software for leasing data.
- Ensures apartments are ready for occupancy by inspecting, placing move-in products and last minute touches when necessary. Distributes keys, move-in package, safety video and other appropriate paperwork at time of lease signing.
- Maintains current knowledge of marketing and leasing techniques. Strives to attain affirmative marketing goals. Seeks out new residents through outreach, direct marketing, cold calling, distributing literature and contacting government, social, religious and community organizations in selected target areas. Maintains current knowledge of apartments, building amenities and local agencies or attractions of interest to residents. Maintains awareness of current rental rates and promotions of competitive properties.
- Assists with resident retention. Provides on going customer service to residents after moving in. Process work order requests, package collection, assists with day to day operations of the property and resident satisfaction.
- This position requires a High School Diploma/GED.
- An additional that is preferred for the position include: Associate Degree in Customer Service/Hospitality.
- 1-2 years of required experience in Leasing or Sales.
- This position may require a valid driver's license depending on the needs of the property.
- Required skills for this positon include: fair housing laws, affordable housing programs, Microsoft Office, personal accountability, persuasiveness, and customer service.
- A preferred skill for this position include: One-Site.
- This position requires up to 10% travel.
Brookfield Properties cares about the well-being and work-life balance of our valued associates! To show how much we care, we offer awesome incentives that include:
- Full benefits package
- Generous paid time off
- 401(k) with company match
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Lucrative referral bonus program
- Incredible associate rental discount if you choose to live on-site! Who wouldn't want to live at one of our beautiful properties (especially at a discounted rate)?!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace