Applications for Orica's 2022 Leadership Development program in United States are now open.
Ignite your career with a truly global organization and the world leader in mining explosives and civil blasting. Our two-year program for engineers provides diverse experience and personalized professional development. We are looking for engineers who are ready to embark on a career journey with us. One that gives you real responsibility, real diversity, and real opportunity. One that exposes you to all levels of the organization. One that will prepare you for an exciting long-term career. At Orica, our Graduate Program is a strategic priority for building leaders from within the organization. We are serious about your development and invest in a two-year program to give you the hands-on experience you want with the responsibility you have earned.
We are developing our next generation of leaders. This means we are serious about your development and creating meaningful career opportunities. We offer you the experience and exposure across our business to accelerate your learning and leadership capability.
At Orica, it's the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures.
Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilize vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It's an exciting time to join us - we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation, and reimagining the way we work.
About The Role
Our two-year Global Graduate Program offers engaging and diverse rotations to give you the experience you need to set your career up for success.
We believe it's important for our graduates to explore. So, we'll give you real responsibilities from day one so you can learn, grow and develop with Orica. Discover a specialist role, a broad career-path, or even an unexpected future. We give you the tools and experience to flourish and shape your career, wherever you'd like to go.
What You We Be Doing
During the two-year graduate program, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge with coaching, on-the-job-training and career management guidance.
You will have your own personalized learning roadmap, to guide your experience and ensure your distinct potential is supported.
The Orica Graduate Program is focused on developing graduates across our core business units:
- Mining Services,
Our graduates have the option to rotate into a technical or on-site rotation depending on your chosen area of study. These 8- or 12-month core rotations are designed to give you a solid foundation for your professional development and prepare you as you transition into your professional career. Some example rotations include Field Operations, Technical Services, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Technology and Commercial.
Degrees and Disciplines
Orica accepts graduates from a range of engineering disciplines including:
· Mining Engineering
· Chemical Engineering
- Be eligible to work within the United States with no sponsorship
- Be in your final year of your university undergraduate degree or have completed your degree within the last year
- Be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check, medical and drug screen
- Be willing to relocate multiple times during your first two years for each rotation, likely in remote locations across the United States
- Be willing to permanently live in a remote location within the United States once the two-year rotation program ends
- Be living in the United States and be able to attend selection stages in person if required
- Open to a start date of June 2022
What We Offer
Projected careers after the graduate program:
- Site leadership
- Account Management
- Technical Services
What We Offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
- $70,000 USD
Benefits (Full Time Employees)
- Medical/Prescription Drug
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Employee Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Employee/Dependent Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Company provided Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Company provided Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness & Accident Plans
- Voluntary Identity Theft Protection
- Voluntary Legal Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Two Floating Holidays
Orica is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are a Drug-free workplace.
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone's contributions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military, or veteran, marital or disability status.
- We have been made aware that some individuals have received scam emails which include false and invalid offers of employment from Orica. Please note that Orica will not offer employment to any candidate without first undertaking a formal application and recruitment process. All candidates are required to actively participate in the recruitment process applicable to the specific role and location where the role is based, prior to any offer of employment being made.