Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Lead Terrain Park Groomer will work with the supervisory and management team to make and execute decisions relative to terrain park maintenance and construction with the best interest of the guest and the resort in mind. On the job coordination in the grooming and building of all-terrain parks, in all conditions, for users of all levels. Work with the park crew to design and build park features. Prioritize tasks and assign projects to appropriate team members. Daily email communication with swing shift groomers and park manager. Maintain and improve relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Assist with all feature construction projects, the special event builds and grooming maintenance of terrain parks, half pipes, and terrain-based teaching areas.
- Contribute to overall park design and layout
- Train and develop all operators continually throughout the season.
- Oversee the performance, conduct and quality of work performance during each shift.
- Delegate projects from the provided work list to crew members.
- Minimize down time through basic preventive maintenance procedures.
- Ability to manage team members in a productive and ever-changing atmosphere.
- Responsible for daily email communication to park supervisor team.
- Promote safety on the job for employees and guests by leading scheduled safety meetings.
- Formulate maintenance task lists and projects on a nightly basis.
- Manage time efficiently during shift to make sure all tasks and projects are completed.
- Attendance at all scheduled department meetings and gatherings.
- Perform safe transportation of rails and other terrain park features
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED - required.
- Minimum of 5 years of snowcat operations - required.
- Winch and Zaugg experience - preferred
- Management or leadership skills - required.
- Valid Drivers License - required.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programs - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- Excellent communications skills - required.
- Previous Heavy Equipment Operations - preferred.
- Ability to work Holidays/Weekends/Evenings - required.
- Able to pass a Level 7 ski/ride test - required
Mount Snow makes everyone feel like family, guests and employees alike. With consistent, high-ratings on the friendly staff, why wouldn't you want to join the camaraderie? Join our team and help us share ultimate mountain adventures with our guests.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 234927