Purpose of Job The Lead Risk Analyst ? IT Risk Management position will provide risk management oversight of USAA IT Organization by performing independent monitoring and technical reviews of process, risk and controls within the organization such as evaluation of material risks, key risk identification metrics, measurement and aggregation of Risk Control Self-Assessments, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes leveraging industry frameworks (ie: COBIT, ITIL, NIST etc.) Assesses and mitigates enterprise and business exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans. Leads and executes complex initiatives and cross functional teams within Enterprise Risk & Compliance and across the Enterprise that drive problem resolution.
This position is available in the San Antonio Home Office, Plano, Phoenix or 100% Remote Work Environment.
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement, monitoring, control and reporting, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assess and oversee enterprise and business exposures including key and emerging risks. Monitors the risk and control environment and provides effective challenge to internal and external stakeholders to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels. Escalates and reports risks to the appropriate governance bodies. Leads and executes complex initiatives and cross functional teams within the Chief Risk Office and across the Enterprise that drive problem resolution. Leverages broad enterprise knowledge and/or expert knowledge of core business discipline(s), products and processes.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers ? World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
ABOUT USAA RISK Management
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Risk Management organization. We are a diversified team of Risk professionals, working across all lines of business across USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the ability to be a part of USAA's noble mission on a daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Identifies and seeks key stakeholders across the enterprise to support the identification, assessment, aggregation and the overall management of risks and controls.
- Presents findings and recommendations to various levels of leadership.
- Routinely communicates results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership and influences decision making.
- Develops process and procedures for successful implementation of new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
- Develops strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies expert knowledge to utilize or produce analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Leads, assembles and facilitates cross-functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk events.
- Serves as the point of contact for senior risk leadership on projects and special management requests that often impact the enterprise or core operating area.
- Formulates and reviews stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise.
- Evaluates results, and frames contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
- Crafts key communications to be delivered to executives and board members.
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field.
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of risk management, regulatory or operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area Or advanced degree/designation in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or other discipline relevant to risk management and 6 years of work experience in a discipline relevant to risk management Or PhD in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or other discipline relevant to risk management and 4 years of work experience in a discipline relevant to risk management.
- Advanced risk management experience in a complex institution and/or highly matrixed environment related to banking, insurance and/or financial services.
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution management and ability to effectively challenge at all levels of management and influence business outcomes.
- Experience leading and directing work with both internal and external partners in a highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques and decision-making abilities, to include demonstrated ability to effectively make data-driven decisions.
- Proactively identifies potential concerns and follows-up to resolve issues.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel and PowerPoint.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Possess related industry certifications such as CISA, CISSP, ITIL, CIA, CRISC, CGEIT or CRMA
- 8+ years direct experience working with Risk, Security or Audit frameworks (COBIT, ITIL, ISO 27001/2, NIST 800-53, SSAE16), Regulatory Frameworks (FFIEC)
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure Technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure etc) and Conducting SOC1/Cloud CUEC Reviews
- 10+ years of experience in IT Risk Management and/or Technology Audit, Compliance or Regulatory functions with assessing Information Systems/Technology risks and controls, performing risk & control evaluations in a variety of IT environments with demonstrated background in applying risk & control, security and technology principles
- 10+ years of experience working in a large financial institution or hi-tech industry directly involved in establishing, implementing or supporting cloud services, virtualization and emerging technologies for financial services
- 6+ years of experience in executing day to day technology operations in three or more areas ? server, storage, network, telecom, database, Middleware platforms, virtualization, end user or client computing technologies (ie: SQL, Oracle, Desktop and Server Application Configuration/Installation, Deploying and Integrating Client/Server, Cloud or Hosted Applications)
- Prior experience at a Senior or higher level, and experience with leading large/complex projects, programs or initiatives
- Clear understanding of Security frameworks and Infrastructure Service Delivery Models
- Hands on experience with implementing and assessing frameworks and controls for IT Change and Configurations, IT Asset Management, Vulnerability and Patching, Incident and Problem Management, IT Capacity Management and Log Management, Batch Processing, Infrastructure Build and Maintenance Processes
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers .
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/22/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.