Lead Flooring Installer
Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 1
Category: Floor Care/Floor Tech
Servicon Systems Supplies
In business for more than 48 years, Servicon is the leading custodial solutions provider servicing the healthcare, aerospace, commercial, municipal, manufacturing, and entertainment industries nationally.
Our customer base includes Fortune 100 and 500 companies as well as many of the largest hospitals, aeronautical facilities, and municipalities throughout the United States.
Our goal is to create cleaner, healthier environments for our clients while working toward our vision to elevate the industry through integrity, leadership, and innovation. Our ultimate objective is to provide exemplary service while changing the face of the cleaning industry. We welcome candidates who share our values.
As part of a Floor Coatings team, performs floor prep, floor coating / concrete polishing and repair responsibilities. On-site point of contact in Supervisor's absence. Reviews the activities of the Floor Coatings team; provides training where needed. Ensures timely daily use of Kronos timekeeping system by team. Knowledge of technical/safety training programs, quality program/ inspections and job plan, scope, schedule and budget of project. Assist in inventory management, interact with Client as necessary and escalate Client and team concerns to Supervisor and Sales & Operations Manager timely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports compliance of Servicon corporate policy and procedures, Client's partnership agreement and Statement of Work (SOW), developing a strong client relationship that is based on integrity, professionalism, respect, responsiveness, urgency and quality performance.
- Strict compliance of all employee paperwork (hard copy or electronically) including timely recording of start and end times and bi-weekly submittal of timesheets; advises Supervisor or Sales & Operations Manager of any discrepancies or exceptions immediately; communicates any team member discrepancies or exceptions to Supervisor or Sales & Operations Manager
- Utilizes correct process and procedure when prepping floors, coating floors, polishing concrete, performing repairs, using chemicals and operating tools and machines to ensure safety, quality product, timely delivery and cost efficiency; trains team members as necessary
- Reminds/ensures team to clock in/clock out daily for accuracy and completeness; addresses irregularities or concerns with Supervisor; trains team members as necessary
- Ensures timely, and quality completion of each job while performing as cost-effectively as possible
- Follows all Safety procedures; reminds team members of safety issues, reports concerns to Supervisor or Sales & Operations Manager in a timely manner
- Reports any incidents or accidents to Supervisor, Safety Manager and Loss Control as required. In case of accident, Lead may be responsible to take the team member to a clinic or hospital.
- Inspects assigned work area during / after work has been completed, verifying quality of work and compliance with site specific procedures and client's Statement of Work. Report results to Supervisor and Sales & Operations Manager
- Operates equipment and tools in a safe manner; reports any issues for repair immediately to Supervisor and /or Sales & Operations Manager
- Perform Quality Assurance inspections of all work areas within the Statement of Work ensuring quality meets the expectation of Client and Servicon
- Adheres to inventory requirements when ordering/checking out supplies to ensure adequate supply and cost-efficiency of jobs
- Advises Sales & Operations Manager and Supervisor of any Client concerns and team issues; escalate issues timely
- May drive company vehicles, and/or tow trailer
- Ensures all materials are stored in a neat, orderly manner
- Ensures all equipment is accounted for and stored in neat, orderly manner and in good operating condition
- Inventories and monitors utilization of supplies to ensure efficient and cost-effective use. Ensures accurate reporting of inventory usage to Supplies Warehouse, Supervisor and Sales & Operations Manager as required; trains team members on proper inventory procedures
- Assists with testing of new sustainable processes, equipment, supplies and technology for review and evaluation.
- Strives to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Communicates professionally, respectfully and effectively
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Two to five years' experience in all aspects of Commercial painting; brush, roll, airless, etc.
- Two to five years' experience in all aspects of work including floor prep, mixing, application and finishing, including epoxies, urethane and industrial floor coatings and concrete polishing
- Strong interpersonal and influencing/leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Spanish a plus)
- Planning, scheduling, and time management capabilities
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Budget and cost control skills
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential information from both the Client and Servicon
- Physical requirements can be seen on the attached Physical Analysis form
- Previous knowledge of or ability to learn and be proficient with company programs and systems (inventory, timekeeping)
- Must have valid Driver's license and be able to pass full, in-depth background check (no felonies) for access to Laboratories, Bases and other Government sites.
Clearance: Not expected.
Certification: US Person may be required for access to client locations
Environment: Varies considerably depending upon the client's business that can range from heavy industrial environments (aerospace, refineries, etc.) to food establishments to office complexes. Daily travel required based on client assignment; some overnight travel may be required. Long periods of walking, standing, stooping, bending, stretching, crawling, and operating machinery. Ability to lift 50 pounds. Weather changes based on the geography and time of year.