Requisition ID 21
Category: Credit Risk
The Lead Data Scientist will design, develop and maintain complex statistical models that support credit risk and collections for TMX Finance Family of Companies' consumer loan products. In this role, you will be required to collect & analyze large sets of data, build models, design experiments and make recommendations to manage customer risk, maximize revenue, improve margins, and create significant value for the business.
The health and well-being of our Team Members, their families, and our customers remain a top priority for us. That's why we've taken a number of steps to help maintain a clean and safe environment where Team Members can thrive, and customers can feel safe. Currently, in our stores and Corporate offices, we're practicing social distancing, wearing face coverings (subject to certain exemptions), cleaning frequently, and following state and local requirements as well as Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines to help ensure a clean and safe environment for all. As the situation evolves, changes may be made to our practices, in line with state and local mandates as well as CDC-guidelines.
Organize and manipulate data from reporting and production databases for use in advanced analytics tasks
Source both internal and external data sources necessary to optimize the performance of predictive models and scores
Develop customer risk models utilizing both fundamental statistical techniques, as well as emerging software / technology (machine learning) when appropriate
Design tests and experiments to constantly refine risk models, decision engine logic and pricing parameters
Utilize advanced statistical software to develop predictive models, underwriting strategies, and pricing parameters
Monitor portfolio to evaluate changes in risk models, decision engine logic and pricing parameters
Develop actionable business recommendations related to risk management, price optimization, and margin maximization
- Advanced degree in a highly quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, etc.)
- 6+ years of professional experience, including 4+ years in decision analytics, risk modeling and/or predictive statistics related functions
- Proficient with the use of advanced statistical analysis software and capabilities (e.g., SAS, R, SQL programing, etc.)
- Experience in Financial Services and Subprime Lending preferred.
- Strong experience with data architecture, data mining and data integration
- Ability to conduct extensive data research and handle large datasets
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly & concisely, in both written & oral formats
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with proven ability to multi-task
- Capable of being objective and giving/taking constructive feedback
- A natural proclivity for questioning assumptions and challenging orthodoxies
LEARN MORE ABOUT US
The Lead Data Scientist is a member of the Credit Risk Team, a dynamic group comprised of multi-taskers and problem solvers. To learn more about this team, please visit .
To find out about what's going on in our Company, visit our blog at .
Standing, walking, sitting, repetitive movements and use of mechanical controls, such as keyboard, are frequently required.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers.