Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
* This position will be located in Kansas City, MO*
* Develop independent or program life cycle estimate and accompanying risk, uncertainty, and sensitivity analysis
* Develop economic analyses, including but not limited to business case analyses, cost/benefit analyses and analysis-of-alternatives
* Responsible for developing the estimating methodologies and providing guidance to all estimating teams on the level of detail required by weapons guidance
* Apply high demonstration of ability to work effectively with teams to foster a collaborative work environment across the organization
* Responsible for evaluating the credibility of basis of estimates generated within the organization, working as an independent reviewer of such estimates
* Responsible for providing documentation and presenting defend-able analytical results; provides post mortem analysis on prior estimates to obtain lessons learned
* Apply leadership skills and the ability to manage competing priorities, multiple tasks, and work requirements
* Apply highly effective communication skills (oral and written) and communicate complex issues and present results to senior managers and others in a clear and concise manner
* Mentors and develops cost analysts skill-sets around cost estimating
* Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified
You Must Have:
* Bachelor's degree required
* 7+ years work related experience
* US Citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy ""q"" level security clearance
* Preferred degree in a quantitative discipline i.e. Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or Business
* Master's Degree in quantitative discipline or MBA preferred
* Understanding of the NSE weapons acquisition and product realization process preferred Schedule and cost risk analysis (Acumen Fuse)
Applied experience and expertise necessary for complex weapons and related program work breakdown structures
* Experience and Proficient in Microsoft Excel; Experience in Oracle ERP Cost Modules; Experience in Microstrategy or other similar reporting applications; Professional certification from a recognized professional society or educational organization in the specific career field preferred (ICEAA Certified Cost Estimator)
* JOB ID: req278103
* Category: Business Management
* Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United States
* Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell FM&T Overview
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.