Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
* The Role*
CONTAINERIZED END POINT SECURITY ADMINISTRATOR (CND) (Lead Eng)
Containerized End Point Security Administrator duties will include protecting mission-critical platforms, tools, and applications that will ensure the highest levels of security, availability and reliability of all containerized services and applications. This position requires creative and innovative problem-solving abilities to partner with application development teams as well as the infrastructure and SOCOM network defense teams to ensure their cloud based services maintain high security standards while supporting availability and functionality.
* The Main Responsibilities*
* Design and implement security automation to reduce cloud based risk exposures in a FedRAMP compliance managed environment
* Design and build required data report and integration processes utilizing our security tool APIs
* Engage and collaborate with compliance and internal development teams to shift the implementation of security practices into the build and deployment processes within the compliance space (Shift Security Left)
* Collaborate with Product teams to provide first customer feedback
* What We Look For in a Candidate*
* Associate Degree. Significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of formal
* DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II
* Ability to create and manage, remediation prioritization for identified vulnerabilities
* 2+ years of experience in Information Security engineering or architecture role(s)
* Prior experience with vulnerability scanning technology (Qualys, Rapid7, Tenable, etc.)
* Strong experience with cloud security analysis tools (Prisma, Twistlock, etc.)
* Previous experience with Linux system administration or a DevOps, Site Reliability, or infrastructure engineering role
* Subject Matter Expert on cloud / server infrastructure and configuration security
* Subject Matter Expert on FedRAMP controls applicable to Vulnerability and Configuration Management
* Knowledge in at least one language (Python preferred) and shell scripting
* Familiarity with CI/CD pipeline tools and processes
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
* Self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated, and strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
Candidate must be a US Citizen with an active DoD TOP SECRET/SCI Level clearance
Requisition #: 251853
* EEO Statement*
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Range *Salary Min : *85230
* Salary Max : *189360
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information[ here.]() We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking[ here.]()
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Range *Salary Min : *85230
* Salary Max : *189360
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.