Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
* The Role*
CLOUD PLATFORM ENGINEER (Lead Eng)
The Cloud Platform Engineer will support platform services such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. These platforms will support both traditional and containerized applications. The PaaS Engineer will provide technical/management support on major tasks or technology assignments, support for large-scale multi-cloud environments, infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques (IaaS/PaaS), including application migrations to cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, and/or GCP) within a large enterprise environment.
* The Main Responsibilities*
* Assist the SREs and Cloud Engineers in providing operational and systems maintenance support for platform service hardware and software.
* Research, design, install, configure, and deploy platform products in high availability infrastructure to support all products and applications.
* Influence in defining the business case for innovative cloud solutions, design the solution to help with prototyping and development with focus on DevOps, and take solution through to launch.
* Responsible for delivering cloud solutions, both IaaS and PaaS, that enables the business to run sensitive workloads within a cloud environment securely.
* What We Look For in a Candidate*
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or Software Engineering or other technical field
* DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II
* 3 or more years of recent experience with modern programming languages (Python
* 3 or more years of experience with relational databases includes database modeling, performance tuning, and operations support
* Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience on the leading cloud platforms (such as Azure, Amazon, Salesforce, Google) developing/implementing at least two service models of IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS.
* Experience with Agile methodologies, team leadership, coaching, and planning (JIRA, Team Foundation Server, or Azure Boards)
* Experience with front-end programming techniques and frameworks
* Experience with software service delivery through the security compliance process (NIST 800-53)
* Familiarity with Container Platforms such as Docker, OpenShift and other emerging technologies
* Familiarity with Infrastructure and Platform Automation Technologies and Tools such as Puppet, CloudForms, Ansible, AWS, Azure, GCP based technologies.
* Guide technical staff in resolving technical architecture and design issues.
* Demonstrated thought leadership in platform services and cloud computing and become a trusted advisor to decision-makers.
* Demonstrated well-balanced approach to addressing complex infrastructure concepts.
* Maintain awareness of and Evaluate emerging cloud capabilities, technologies, and tools, develop technical domain roadmaps pertinent to public cloud technologies and capabilities.
Candidate must be a US Citizen with an active DoD TOP SECRET/SCI Level clearance.
Requisition #: 251852
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
* EEO Statement*
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Range *Salary Min : *85230
* Salary Max : *189360
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information[ here.]() We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking[ here.]()
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Range *Salary Min : *85230
* Salary Max : *189360
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.