We're searching for a seasoned carpenter or an existing Lead Carpenter, who is looking for a growth opportunity with a reputable and stable company. Are you ready for that next step in your career?
Have you been overlooked and unnoticed in the background or on the sidelines following someone else's lead?
You won't be overlooked when you join our team and grow with us! We are a family owned company who exists to produce a home and community where integrity, fine craft, beauty, utility and family happiness endures. The right Lead Carpenter candidate is someone committed to these values and who strives to cultivate lasting relationships that enrich the lives of our clients and our team, someone passionate for the trade in the next generation of builders. We pride ourselves on providing a full benefits package, 401K match, bonuses, exceptional room for growth (formal review every 3-6 months).
The Carpenter Foreman/ Lead Carpenter will be responsible for performing carpentry tasks for both interior and exterior reconstruction of multi-family and/or commercial properties. Oversee the training of Carpenter staff; supervise assigned staff and job. Directly responsible for the safety of the staff and job sites.
Job Type: Full-time 7-4:30
License: MA Driver's License required
- Oversee crews and work with building materials such as wood, drywall, stucco, concrete, sheet-metal, painting, deck coating & roofing products in the repair and reconstruction of multi-family and commercial properties. Perform more complex carpentry tasks as dictated by job needs.
- Ensure that crew has equipment needed to perform their job tasks.
- Oversee the safety of assigned crew in their duties including duties performed at heights using ladders, scaffolding, platforms, lifts and other equipment. Ensure that required safety talks are completed, safety protective equipment is utilized, and all safety issues addressed in a timely manner.
- Oversee and install cabinets and trim, baseboards, crown molding and other interior finish items.
- Oversee and install interior and exterior doors, sliding glass doors and windows.
- Oversee and install waterproofing materials as dictated by job requirements.
- Read blueprints, as-builts and other building plans to determine how the work is to be completed and call out issues to the Site Superintendent. Work with Site Superintendent to resolve issues.
- Communicate directly with customer or tenants to resolve any scheduling or job site issues.
- Oversee and train Carpenter staff. Make recommendations for promotion based on skill-sets. Assist Site Superintendent with personnel issues and disciplinary actions.
- Supervise staff on a daily basis. Ensure schedules are met and tasks completed. Ensure site is cleaned up and secure at the end of each day.
- And all other duties assigned by management to support the business'.
- Completion of high school or a GED equivalent is required. Trade school or other construction training is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of prior experience in the carpentry trade is required. Must be able to provide common carpentry hand tools upon hire.
- Prior experience leading crews in a Lead or Foreman position is preferred.
- Must possess solid working knowledge to perform complex rough and finish carpentry tasks and drywall.
- The ability to read and write basic language and numbers is required. Must be able to read and interpret blueprints or other construction documents.
- Must be able to use and read measurements using levels, plumb bobs, framing squares and other measurement devices.
- Must possess the ability to follow directions and meet construction deadlines.
- Must be reliable and work well in a team environment. Prior experience in training others is required.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is highly preferred, but not required.
- A solid working knowledge of the current building code is required.
- Other experience in basic plumbing and/or electrical is preferred.
- Must possess the mental and physical capacity to perform the essential job duties. Must be able to lift to 50lbs and climb ladders, scaffolding, work on top of roofs and ledges and be able to work at heights.
- The ability to provide a truck with a rack to transport materials is helpful. If issued a company vehicle, must be insurance under the company insurance policy.
- Must have dependable transportation
- MA Driver's License
- Pass background and drug test