Lead Business Analyst
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Other Mandatory Skills
Experience in Mortgage Insurance ,
Defining business cases, business requirements and functional requirements, translate business process needs and objectives into requisite business and functional requirements, Ability to explain and must have performed a client facing role, must have used tools like JIRA/Rally or anything equivalent to document user stories and test cases, , industry knowledge informed approach to business analysis and mature technical understanding, knowledge on Agile.
Tavant proposes to provide complete business and technology transformation to Client's UW platform which is futuristic and divided into multiple implementation phases ( Program Increments)
Phase 1 focuses on delivery of foundational technology components while automating the UW, pre-closing PVRR and CDE UWRR for a segment of low risk loans.
Subsequent phases will focus on automating the UW for all loans, QC functions, Claims UW and Contract UW capabilities.
A key tenant is to deliver a flexible, configurable platform that allows MGIC to respond quickly to changing market condition
Enriching the risk management capabilities by leveraging more advanced scoring models.
• Working with, solutions architect, and client subject matter experts the Business architect is responsible for understanding the Business vision and documenting the current state of the business and technical architecture. Collaboratively identify process gaps and inefficiencies. And ultimately documenting intended business and technical future state. This role engages across the entire value creation and implementation lifecycle- the analyst will have opportunity to provide valuable input and support from project inception, scoping, implementation and delivery.
• A successful candidate will be able to translate business process needs and objectives into requisite business and functional requirements. Working closely the sr. consultant, the analyst will document the business case, gather supporting ROI data, capture business requirements and define functional requirements. Additionally, analyst should expect to also provide test case, UAT and training support as required.
• The ideal candidate will create client value through a unique blend of a consultant's approach to problem solving, industry knowledge informed approach to business analysis and mature technical understanding that will lead to better questions and useful answers.
• Facilitating requirements sessions with senior business leadership
• Working with the business to anticipate and define potential high yield
• Defining business cases, business requirements and functional requirements
• Applying effective problem solving and analytical techniques throughout engagement lifecycle
• Participating in and supporting project teams as required; including resolving project issues / tasks with timely and effective solutions
• Communicating requirements across a distributed off-site/off-shore team
• Encouraging and adhering to agreed PMO standards
• Attending project status meetings- as needed provides status reports and project updates
• Documenting and tracking issues, risk and concerns with the full responsibility to bring to closure in a timely fashion - for BA track
• Managing project artifacts and assuring high quality outcomes
Experience (Must Have)
• Experience is Mortgage Insurance/Consumer Lending Domain
• Preferable Mortgage Domain
• Experience directly or indirectly led small to medium size teams, preferably in an onshore/offshore setting
• Minimum 5 years' consumer lending industry (Mortgage) experience.
• Experience working in UNIFI
• Expertise in diagramming workflow and processes; defining technical interfaces and internal transformational processes
• Experience in structured and unstructured development processes (Agile)
• Expert in documenting functional requirements across all technical aspects of the solution (UI, business rules, task and activity coordination, technical integrations)
• Proven ability creating use cases and user stories
• Skilled in translating and decomposing high-level requirements documentation into sufficiently detail functional requirements for software design and
• Detail oriented
• Ability to obtain sign-offs on all documentation as required.
• Lead Post Mortems or ensure is completed by an independent source
• Tolerant of ambiguity with an ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and requirements
• Excellent communication skills to interact with team members, support personnel, and provide functional guidance and expertise to customers and management
• Strong analytical, communication, presentation and writing skills.
• Proficient with standard documentation tools (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
• Ability to lead requirement discussion, JAD sessions and release planning and prioritzation
• Strong organizational skills
• Must have flexible work schedule to facilitate meetings across multiple time zones (US EST and India time zones)
• Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
• experience with consumer lending products is required for consideration- bank card, credit cards, instalment loans, mortgage and / or equity lines is an added advantage- provided by Dice