Hot new opportunity in Houston for a Lead Architect with industrial (oil and gas) expertise. Experience in master planning / plant site renovation
10 years' experience in the industrial sector
Duties & Responsibilities:
Senior Architect with significant oil and gas project experience. This position will be responsible for
· Leading the effort on Architectural scope of work execution.
· Responsibilities include but are not limited to building design complying with Client specifications, building code and industry standards, writing specifications, writing the Buildings Basis of Design, building cost estimating, engineering discipline coordination, attending project meetings, giving presentations to project stakeholders and tracking execution progress.
· Building types include control and operator buildings, Laboratory facilities, administrative buildings, warehouse and maintenance facilities, first aid buildings and fire houses, process shelters, plant security facilities and substations.
· This position will be supported by the Chief Technical Architect, providing guidance on internal procedures and standards.
· Ability to work effectively with an internal and exterior project stakeholders is required for successfully fulfilling this position.
· The successful candidate understands the key contributions each project phase of Pre-FEED, FEED and EPC has to overall project execution, as well as the key deliverables associated with each phase.
· Holding a US Architect's license is preferred.
Qualifications, Requirements & Skillset:
· Skills are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in Architecture and 5-10+ years of related experience, with average experience of 7+ years.
· Clear understanding of IBC and accessibility requirements. AutoCAD, MicroStation and/or Revit, Excel and Microsoft Office Suite of programs experience.
- Perform work related to oil & gas land development projects
- Address the issues that most concern the oil and gas industries
- Develop cross-selling strategies and initiatives related to oil and gas
- Negotiate loan funding, restructures and liquidation of oil and gas assets
- Develop training curriculum for natural gas generators
- Provide routine and complex tasks in support of oil and gas production and operations activities
- Overseeing client service delivery of solutions for oil & gas and exploration and production clients
- Generate Monday Price morning report on Nymex oil and gas pricing
- Work with Representative Sales partners developing and supporting oil and gas accounts
- Generate forecasts, produce gas bills, validate/reconcile invoices and report gas costs
- Cover global M&A, oil and gas finance, and international exploration
- Support the design, manufacturing and implementation of power chokes used in the oil and gas industry
- Prepare economic evaluations in support new gas markets
- Justify, and implement a comprehensive business plan to grow the oil and gas business each year
- Assist in developing and implementing sales strategies to achieve sales goals in the oil & gas industry
- Identifying, pursuing, and securing sales opportunities for air services to the oil and gas market sector
- Work with other mechanical engineers, designers and drafter to complete simple to complex oil & gas process projects
- Evaluate potential gas market opportunities to determine economic feasibility
- Sourcing energy data in assigned region directly from oil and gas drillers, operators and/or service companies through frequent telephone contact
- Stay abreast of the regulation changes affecting oil and gas drilling and production operations and inform employees of pertinent regulatory and environmental changes