Lab Technician needed for a growing gene therapy company!
Must come in with sound scientific knowledge (buffers, assays, instrumentation/equipment) and 2+ years of lab/lab services experience.
- Support all laboratory services work as needed, including materials, chemical, and equipment management tasks as assigned by the manager
- Dispose of biohazardous materials, chemical waste, sharp and other potentially hazardous materials according to regulations
- Perform glass wash and autoclaving activities
- Perform routine maintenance to assist in equipment management - such as scheduling refrigerators cleaning, freezer defrosts and incubator decontaminations, reorganization, and preventative maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Interface with vendors for routine and emergency maintenance if needed
- Work as a liaison between lab personnel, lab operations and facilities
- Basic Buffer and Reagent Preparation
- Basic Routine Equipment Calibration
- Lab inventory management that includes Tissue Room and main lab stocking
- Equipment tagging and matrix implementation
- Regularly update reference materials with information changes and identify ways to improve quality, efficiency and productivity through process improvements
- Participate in projects and lab services meetings
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Work as a member of the lab support team, perform routine and other duties as assigned
- Aseptic technique knowledge
- DOT/IATA Professional certification (certification class available on the job)
- GHS and Hazardous Communication
- HAZWOPER certification a plus, but not required
- Customer oriented, excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to execute duties with a high attention to detail and to adjust workload based on priorities
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently and be proactive with a can-do attitude
- Ability to read, interpret, and comply with documents such as internal SOPs, operating and maintenance instructions, and company policies
- Must be comfortable with biological specimen handling
For immediate consideration, please reach out to Casey Fish at 356 - 6914
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call or email .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.