28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Key Account Manager (KAM) will be responsible for developing trust and long-term relationships with a portfolio of major clients and strategically important large customers. The KAM will oversee the relationships of the company with its most important clients (Key Accounts - KA) and will be responsible for maintaining the loyalty and retaining the KA by understanding their requirements, meeting service delivery expectations and reducing conflicts. Incumbent will be focused on developing strong relationships with key accounts through connecting with key business executives and stakeholders. The KAM will liaise and collaborate between key customer accounts and cross-functional internal teams to develop strategies enabling a long-term sustainable competitive advantage resulting in revenue and profit growth.
* Yearly review of the Key Accounts portfolio matrix with promotion and relegation in mind
* Collaborate with sales leadership teams to establish the strategic goals in relation to each Key Account
* Establish the Critical Success Factors WITH the Key Accounts to identify the needs, growth opportunities and areas of improvements
* Acquire a thorough understanding of Key Accounts environment, capabilities and medium-long term strategy
* Establish customer strategic plans including value proposition and delivery action planning WITH each Key Account in the portfolio
* Analyze and develop a strategy to increase our relationship and penetration at all levels within the customer's organization
* Lead internal cross functional and geographic virtual teams (sales, service, finance, technology, supply chain, marketing) to ensure delivery of the value proposition and to meet the customers' performance objectives and expectations
* Maintain sharing platform having good system in place to communicate easily
* Measure Accounts' performance and communicate: revenue growth, profitability, share of wallet, customer experience
* Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profit
* Resolve any issues and problems faced by customers and deal with complaints to maintain trust
* Play an integral part in generating new sales that will turn into long-lasting relationships
* Achieves sales targets in designated strategic key accounts and meets gross margin expectations
* Actively collaborate with Valley & risk insurer to find suitable financing solutions
* This position reports to the Regional Vice President - Sales North America
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate
* Bachelor's degree in Business or related field with 7+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 9+ years relevant experience or 11+ years relevant experience
* Experience in sales and providing solutions based on customer needs
* Excellent human relations skills, including cooperation, coordination and communication, influencing and persuasion without authority
* Must have the ability to work with people, address problems in a constructive way, be able to deal with conflict, and maintain a positive outlook
* Responsibility, sense of urgency, engagement, ability to work under pressure
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships with professionals of all organizational levels
* Experience in Strategy development and deployment, with excellent organizational skills
* Ability to work independently
* Proven experience in problem-solving and negotiation
* Ability to identify customer needs and exceed client expectations
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
* MBA or Master's Degree in related field
* Prior experience with Salesforce, or other CRMs, and business intelligence tools
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .