In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
Assist the Joint Task Force - Space Defense and National Space Defense Center in creating, testing, and validating cutting edge space operations tactics, techniques and procedures. Provide the government evaluations of future systems and concepts to protect US national security space assets. Acts as senior technical authority, consultant, primary investigator, or team leader. May lead or organize interfaces between customers' and Aerospace technical and management staff. Coordinates large-scale technical efforts across program/project lines.
The selected candidate will provide on-site support to the Joint Task Force-Space Defense (JTF-SD) and National Space Defense Center (NSDC) and coordinate efforts with the Combined Space Operations Center (CSpOC) and HQ US Space Command (USSPACECOM). The candidate will support space battle management command and control (BMC2) efforts to develop cutting edge procedures, advanced training on emerging capabilities, assist the government in creating BMC2 courses of action and provide systems engineering review of NSDC processes. The member will be actively involved in assessing current and future capabilities, preparing new tactics, techniques and procedures, and assisting in creating new training for the NSDC operators. These responsibilities include an expectation that the candidate identifies capability gaps and propose solutions. The member analyze potential technology and operational concepts and generate reports on their operational utility and risks. The member will have to utilize Aerospace reach back support for many of these responsibilities to provide technical leadership, modeling and simulation, prototyping and report generation.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or related field with twelve or more years of relevant engineering/technical/operational experience.
- Military space operations experience (e.g., satellite command and control, missile warning, electronic warfare, satellite communications, space lift, Position, Navigation and Timing, etc...)
- Joint planning or operations experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication and briefing skills along with demonstrated ability to work independently and interact effectively with high-level government, Aerospace, and contractor personnel
- Experience developing innovative tactics, techniques or procedures for space systems and operations, orbital mechanics, electronic warfare, or national security space assets.
- This position requires current TS/SCI
- Some travel is required
- Air Force/Navy Weapons School graduate
- Experience in creating real world and simulated space operations training scenarios
- Experience with a variety of national security space architectures, systems engineering, system architecting, requirements development, system acquisition and operational experiments is desired
- Experience transitioning research, development and prototype capabilities to operational use to include identifying a minimal capability needed for operational utility and how to leverage alternative means to accomplish a mission
- Familiarity with Aerospace reach back capabilities and relationships is desired
- Advanced degree in engineering or related field or equivalent military educational experience
- Current SAP/SAR a benefit
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone ator by email at . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement . - provided by Dice