EisnerAmper's Tax Guide can help you identify opportunities to minimize tax exposure, accomplish your financial goals and preserve your family's wealth. This guide includes all major tax law changes through March 11, 2021; and is best used to identify areas that may be most pertinent to your unique situation so you can then discuss the matters with your tax advisor.
EisnerAmper discusses a summary of CARES Act and how self-employed individuals, independent contractors or sole proprietors must submit necessary documentation
EisnerAmper provides some federal and state resources that are providing coronavirus-related assistance.
Job Title Chief Accounting Officer Location Pennsylvania Salary $140,000-150,000 + Benefits + Bonus
Their client is a well-capitalized, privately held, multifaceted real estate company headquartered in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania who specializes in opportunistic acquisitions, market-driven development, and hands-on management of multifamily, hospitality, retail and mixed-use properties located throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Florida. Plans are in place to expand to other markets. They only manage their own real estate assets and do not perform any 3rd party management.
They are looking to hire an individual to serve as the Director of Accounting. The right person will be a strong leader who will assess and develop our accounting policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate accounting functions within our real estate divisions, including internal reporting, bank account reconciliation, accounts receivable, accounts payable, commercial lease compliance, financial due diligence related to specific projects and as otherwise needed. This role is both strategic and hands on and a good fit for someone with the ability to lead and develop the accounting staff.
- Act as a strategic business partner to ownership and other divisional leaders to ensure accounting practices meet acceptable standards and that financial reporting is accurate and timely and liaison with our outside CPA firm.
- Create, and implement and oversee policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate to ensure financial and regulatory compliance.
- Reconcile all bank accounts to monthly bank statements on a timely basis.
- Analyze and evaluate financial performance of the company regarding short and long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts, and provide reports to management as per protocol.
- Manage the monthly close process, including posting of journal entries and reconciliations and the preparation of the monthly and fiscal year-end financial statements.
- Ensure accuracy, integrity, standardization and consistency of the balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, performance indicators and other financial information, which are distributed to ownership.
- Interact with financial institutions and/or Business Office staff to resolve any discrepancies. Coordinate and maintains record for rapid remote deposits, cash deposits, credit card payments, and returned checks.
- Make recommendations regarding short-term and long-term growth plans and their financial impacts.
- Guide and assist management in the various divisions not only on sound financial processes but on how to maximize revenues by controlling labor, expenses, and other costs.
- Prepare and present timely monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division, and cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Perform and/or oversee financial analysis, forecasting, budgeting, cost accounting, inventory accounting, and financial reporting.
- Perform in accordance with GAAP standards.
- Manage and insure timely accounts payables and receivables for all properties and companies.
- Work regularly with YARDI, and have detailed knowledge of YARDI, to insure proper lease management, entry, modifications, and updates and related billing, collections, and accounting functions.
- Train and develop an accounting staff of 3 / 4 people.
Your background and experience:
- Bachelor's (with Master's degree preferred) in Accounting or Finance.
- Ten or more years of progressive accounting experience leading to a director role.
- Experience in a real estate company strongly preferred.
- Leadership and business acumen.
- Expert level problem solver and analytical.
- Ability to take complex data and find the key metrics.
- Leasing and/or construction experience a plus.
- Strong work ethic and integrity required.
- Experience leading and developing an accounting team that works collaboratively to accomplish all goals and meet all deadlines with efficacy.
- Full knowledge of YARDI and all its accounting and lease functions.
- CPA Preferred
- Oversee Payroll using Paycom
- Report to CEO
- Develop and Supervise a team
- Good Values
- Strong Work Ethic
- Compassion for others, "Family" Culture
- Honest, Trustworthy, Respect for others
- Become "Strategic Partner" to the Owner
- Long Term Vision
Ability to talk with Retail Tenants, Potential Tenants, Property Managers, Team/Division Leaders as well as Staff,Owner and Outside Vendors.
How to Apply
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Kenny Dubin at .Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1605 in the subject line and to copy on your email.