The Harlem Children's Zone is currently seeking an Office Manager for the Information Technology Department. Reporting to the Managing Director of IT, the main objective of the IT Office Manager will be to serve as primary point of contact for all administrative needs for the IT Department. IT Office Manager is a hands-on position that involves administering, building, configuring, deploying, and supporting systems utilized across 20+ HCZ locations. The ideal candidate will have experience within a fast-paced office setting, and is highly organized, customer service oriented, and familiar with technology systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet IT office visitors and provide general support
- Establish procurement procedures in line with HCZ policies to manage department office supply needs and org-wide hardware/software purchases
- Reconcile invoices for the department including reimbursement requests
- Manage relationships with relevant external partners including building management, vendors, catering, storage, etc.
- Manage logistics of office reorganizations/moves
- Serve as an escalation and liaison between techs and vendors
- Collaborate with HR, MDIT, and department leadership to assist with recruitment needs and onboarding process
- Address administrative queries for IT employees
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering and safety services
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, such as trainings, conferences, team buildings, etc.
- Produce and create regular reports for the Managing Director
- Track administrative and office supply spending
- Assist with COVID-19 office preparations
- Assist with booking transportation and lodging as requested
- Complete other tasks and special projects as requested
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Highly organized and efficient
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal
- Detail-oriented, with strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong work ethic, with ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent judgment and discretion regarding sensitive and/or confidential information
- Previous experience training non-technical staff is highly desirable
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)