Assertive and visionary, this person is decisive and can accept responsibility for their actions. This is a pleasant person whose communication revolves around persuasion and general concepts, although they are capable of using specifics if necessary.
We seek an enthusiastic, results-driven candidate to serve as a Group Manager within the IT team. In this role, you will work with multiple project teams and stakeholders across Marketing, Sales, Training, & Merchandising business units to drive large and complex initiatives forward. You will be responsible for guiding and coaching associates and agile teams to become high performing and capable of delivering high quality software products.
You will work hand with IT Director(s), Product Owner(s), Tech Lead, UX Designer, Software & QA Engineer(s) to ensure key company rocks are efficiently delivered within a fast-paced environment with quality.
- Actively promotes our core values and encourages team members to contribute to a work environment that fosters outstanding performance, collaboration, and results.
- Aligns team members work to company rocks and key performance indicators. Ensures associates understand what is expected of them in their roles to achieve individual, team, and company success.
- Proactively leads, inspires, motivates, and coaches staff of technical individual contributors (7 to 10 associates) to achieve results and set high standards of performance. Includes collaborative goal setting, skills development, regular one-on-ones, timely feedback, performance management, and genuine recognition.
- In partnership with HR, develops and executes staffing strategy and activities to fulfill workforce plans for the IT group, which includes evaluation, selection, and onboarding of top talent.
- Defines current and future capabilities for IT talent and collaborates across IT to knowledge transfer learnings and develop learning curriculum with HR to further grow the team.
- Communicates clearly and effectively information from top-down, bottom-up and across teams to ensure all parties are informed and engaged
- Monitors and drives accountability for achievement of project plans. Redirects the team's focus where necessary and motivates them toward goal completion. This includes prioritizing important activities, seeking viable alternatives and encouraging employees to take control of their project work assignments
- Assists the Chief Technology Officer and IT Directors as requested with presentations, research, special projects, and communications
- May serve as customer/stakeholder liaison to identify issues, challenges and requests. Provides feedback to Team Leads and/or Product Owners for integration into sprint plans
- Holding IT team accountable for task and deliverable due dates. Helping promote a streamlined IT project workflow to additional company partners.
- Working with Cross-Functional Teams including Marketing, Customer Experience, Fulfillment, Legal, Retention, Finance, HR and more
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Business, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of experience working with or among an IT Development team as Front-End / Back-End Engineer, Business Analyst, Project Manager, etc
- Hands on software development experience utilizing Salesforce, Front End technologies, Back End technologies, and/or Quality Assurance
- Must possess strong leadership skills, preferably 3-5 years experience leading people showing ability to inspire others, delegate responsibility, hold others accountable, have difficult conversations, build relationships, create trust, and foster teamwork that values diverse skills and perspectives to meet a common goal
- Must possess strong communication skills - verbal, written and listening
- Demonstrated success setting goals and determining priorities that lead to results
- Experience or knowledge of Agile/SCRUM is a plus. Must be willing to learn
- Advanced understanding of business and marketing strategies
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and new technologies
- Must have the drive to be an effective leader within the company
- Must show a willingness to grow along with the company and within their role
- Demonstrates the core values of Delta Defense, LLC