The IT Engineer II will support MoneyGram's customers, stakeholders, partners, staff and overall business strategy through the servicing and management of its technological resources. The incumbent will participate in projects, create/maintain documentation for use by engineers and operations teams. The incumbent will also work with other team members to design and build environments to proper standards with associated documentation and processes, while also assisting team members who support the environments. The incumbent will partner with our key infrastructure and support teams and assist with code deployments, performance monitoring and troubleshooting, upgrade and migration strategies, and maintaining a highly available and performant environment.
- Designs and builds technology environments to proper standards with associated documentation and processes and aligned to business requirements. This includes leading and managing projects in adherence with the PMO framework, participating in vendor management, creating/maintaining documentation, and helping to create standards and documentation.
- Develops and reports metrics and KPIs as appropriate.
- Gathers requirements from end-users and other key stakeholders to ensure that existing and new technology solutions are in alignment with business needs and Enterprise Architecture defined technology capabilities.
- Utilizes best practice for how products should be prepared before they are released to production.
- Ensures that proper support documentation is create.
- Maintenance and patching of vendor supplied systems.
- Assists IT Operations to analyze data related to supported systems (including critical events) and make recommendations.
- Provides on-call support.
- Partners with Application Development teams on common projects and goals. This may include, but not limited to: deployment and management of appropriate components through the SDM lifecycle, optimization for specific platforms and physical configurations, performance tuning, and oversight of deployment into each environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or a combination of relevant education/experience and related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- 3-5 years' IT Operations and/or Engineering experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Required hands on experience with Oracle RDBMS 10g, 11g, 12.1 and above
- Exceptional experience with Oracle recovery scenarios, Oracle HA/RAC, Oracle Data Guard, ASM, SQL scripting, Performance and Tuning, Oracle OEM, and MOS problem resolution
- Additional experience that would be beneficial include Oracle eBusiness Suite, Postgres, and MySQL
- Exposure to Cloud Migration Strategy with AWS preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills and broad understanding of relationships between hardware and applications, and client/server relationships.
- In-depth understanding of the criticality of existing environments when leading/managing projects, software and/or hardware as it relates to the business needs, customers, partners and staff.
- Knowledge of the inputs and outputs associated with the data, software and/or hardware technology.
- In depth knowledge of the technology this position represents, including all aspects/activities required to maintain system stability and optimal performance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Availability to participate in on-call support.