At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization's most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we're committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers' dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job - we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
R22875 IT Claims Delivery Leader - Open to Remote (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
The IT Claims Delivery Leader will manage delivery teams that work on Enterprise Claims Center. The Business Systems Transformation Manager supports the Business Systems Transformation Director in setting department work plans and goals for systems transformation projects to support strategic initiatives, business process, and new products. The senior manager oversees the work of multiple, related departments, coaches the managers of those departments, and assists in managing divisional and client relationships important to the successful delivery of projects managed in those departments. Maintains an awareness of other projects and activities throughout the organization and their possible effect on ongoing department work.
Systems Transformation (30%)
* Oversees development and implementation of processes and systems that meet business objectives.
* Ensures systems are usable, contribute to productivity, and align with the company's brand.
* Oversees rationalization and modernization of related documents, processes, workflows and systems.
* Oversees efforts to ensure internal and external data quality and integration.
* Manages vendor relationships. Work with business areas to identify capabilities and features needed in vendor products. Makes recommendations to vendor to include these in their product roadmap.
* Directs work with stakeholders to define business rule approaches and standards.
Portfolio Management (20%)
* Manages a portfolio of related projects and programs. Directs development of project plans and collaborates to integrate plans into the overall release plan.
* Ensures the quality, timeliness and cost of projects meet client and business requirements. Leads or assists with project problem resolution by gathering pertinent information, consulting with impacted areas, considering alternatives and making timely and accurate recommendations.
* Takes corrective action when necessary to solve problems, meet timelines and/or manage program costs.
* Ensures project communications on status and issues are delivered to business clients and management in a timely manner.
* Works closely with various divisions to develop and implement plans to manage the business impacts and take advantage of opportunities.
* Oversees efforts to determine the impacts of business process and system changes on employees and required skill sets needed in the new environment. Works closely with stakeholder divisions to develop and implement plans to manage these impacts.
Relationship Management (20%)
* Manages relationships with multiple business stakeholders, understanding their business drivers and the future direction of the business. Recommends products and services to satisfy client business needs.
* Mentors and coaches managers who are direct or indirect reports.
* Resolves problems in relationships between clients and the I/S Division. Focuses on customer satisfaction and keeping customers informed of impacts to their business.
* Develops and maintains strong relationships with other I/S departments.
* Provides information and analysis regarding areas of opportunity and improvement within our organization and with our products and services.
* Monitors technology trends through active participation in technical associations and review of technical publications.
* Provides an environment conducive to teaming within a matrix organization.
Strategies Linked to the Division's Business Goals/Results (15%)
* Establishes, communicates, and implements departmental plans, objectives, and strategies.
* Participates as a member of the Management Team.
* Maintains an active awareness of American Family's business environments, corporate culture, and structure to support key decision-making.
Management/Leadership for Department or Unit (15%)
* Manages direct reports, systems, and projects to achieve department/unit goals in accordance with Company policies and practices.
* Prepares and analyzes department/unit plans and reports.
* Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting the results of the operating area.
* Creates an effective work environment by developing a common vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing outstanding performance, and maintaining open communications.
* Develops staff through coaching, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance assessments, and establishing performance & development plans.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
* Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
* Demonstrated experience managing relationships with internal and external partners.
* Demonstrated experience managing multi-functional software delivery teams.
* Solid knowledge and understanding of processing systems and application-to-application integration.
* Solid knowledge and understanding of systems development life cycle (SDLC).
* Solid knowledge and understanding of change management principles, methodologies, and tools.
* Strongly prefer candidates who have experience with Guidewire ClaimCenter or similar enterprise insurance platforms in Agile environments.
* Previous experience managing people leaders is strongly preferred.
* This position requires travel up to 5% of the time
Additional Job Information:
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!