Travel Required: Less than 10%
Public Trust: None
Requisition Type: Regular
Come Join Our Team!GDITis a government contractor providing professional and technical services to various government agencies (i.e. defense). We are currently looking for a IT Audit Specialist to join our winning team.
The IT Audit Specialist will provide support for our government customer, Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAWCWD). This is your opportunity to work in technically advanced, positive, and productive environment.
NAWCWD primarily operates in two Southern California locations: China Lake and Point Mugu, CA. China Lake Naval Weapons Station experienced earthquakes that caused damage and impacted NAWCWD mission operations. In order to provide improved service capabilities to current and future NAVAIR operations, NAWCWD is modernizing and optimizing the infrastructure that currently supports weapons development and testing activities.
Job skills and activities:
- Conduct comprehensive inventory, review, assess and analyze NAWCWD IT infrastructure, systems and services as well as logistics and operations support, processes and procedures.
- Evaluate effectiveness and competence of IT infrastructure and systems against Federal, DoD, Navy, and NAWCWD controls, policies, and regulations.
- Perform research, data collection, configuration review and analysis using automated and manual methods.
- Evaluate and interpret compliance to identify threats, vulnerabilities, and high risk practices.
- Prepare reports with analysis results for presentation to stakeholders, leads, managers, and executive leadership to include recommendations for improvement and any mandatory corrective action.
- Prepare in-depth flow charts, models, and procedures along with conducting feasibility studies to design possible system solutions.
- Conduct form design and layout activities with moderate guidance from manager.
- Perform preparation of systems specifications.
- Under moderate supervision, prepare and maintain technical documentation to guide system users and to assist with the ongoing operation, maintenance, and development of systems.
- Work with external audit teams as needed.
- Apply practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 5+ years of experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class. - provided by Dice