IST GIS Analyst (Part Time)
Information Systems Technology (IST)
Hourly Range: $31.30 - $36.84
Deadline: 11:59 p.m. September 12, 2021
Chesterfield County Virginia
You will love working at Chesterfield County and we'd love to have you join our GIS team. Chesterfield County is the fourth largest local jurisdiction in the state of Virginia. Chesterfield has received awards and recognitions for innovative business solutions, openness, transparency, and embracing new technology. Chesterfield County is adjacent to the City Richmond, the state capital, known for its great outdoor activities, affordable housing, great entertainment, and agreeable weather.
The IST GIS Team:
There are many departments and teams in Chesterfield County government using GIS. The Information Systems Technology (IST) Department has a GIS team that is an important geospatial resource for all the departments, employees, and county residents. We maintain authoritative databases, facilitate collaboration between departments, offer leadership on data and mapping standards, develop advanced analysis, and offer enhanced capabilities to the county government.
GIS Analyst Role:
The part time GIS Analyst will work in the Information Systems Technology department under the direction of the GIS Manager/Architect. The current IST GIS Team includes several GIS Analysts, Analysts and Developers. The team works closely as partners with other internal technology teams, partner groups throughout the county government, and with outside partners and vendors.
This position will typically work 28 hours per week. This is a permanent position. Due to Covid, the GIS team is primarily working remotely; however, this will change at some point.
A good candidate for this position will have the required experience and the motivation to grow in this role beyond their experience. Experience should include most of the following:
• Using the Esri suite of products, services, and solutions for typical GIS tasks such as: digitizing data, producing printed and digital cartographic outputs, editing data, spatial analysis, and land development management.
• Edit and manage spatial data, GIS feature classes, maps, services in an enterprise GIS system.
• Work to create, improve, maintain, and design efficient workflows and QA/QC routines using Esri tools, Python, and other methods.
• Be an effective team player providing guidance to others as well as expanding their knowledge and skill.
• Use of spatial and non-spatial data collections and analytic techniques to gain insights into problems, explore the data, generate new questions to work on, and quickly deliver insights.
• Collaborating with technology teams in support of the enterprise GIS environments.
• Meeting with others to determine and evaluate geospatial requirements, design data models, make recommendations on solutions, and coordinate implementations of solutions.
• Has graduated from an accredited college with a bachelor's degree in Geography, Geographic Information Systems, Information Systems, or similar field
• Experience utilizing Esri's suite of GIS products, tools, and solutions.
• Have at least two years of experience acting as a GIS Technician, Specialist, or Analyst.
• Demonstrated experience with spatial concepts, cartographic techniques, geodatabases, and feature class editing.
• Must be able to work both independently and within a team environment on daily tasks and priority projects. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
Pre-employment drug testing, FBI criminal background check and education/degree verification required. This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent criminal background check.
Must maintain personal mobile technology as a condition of employment.
This position is a part of an approved Career Development Plan (CDP) and offers career progression opportunities and salary incentives, as funding permits, based on performance, qualifications, and experience.
A Chesterfield County application is required and must be submitted online by deadline. Visit chesterfield.gov/careers to view instructions and to complete and submit an application. .
An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity