Mergers and Acquisitions Transaction Support Opportunity
Want to launch a career in the exciting world of mergers and acquisitions? Tired of 60 to 80- hour work weeks at your current accounting or finance role? Want to be a key member of small team of professionals committed to a common goal? Benchmark International is the unique solution to these three desires.
Our growing Nashville office now requires a client-facing project manager with strong skills in financial analysis and business writing. Our Transaction Support team of three professionals creates sell-side marketing strategies and materials (including teasers, confidential information memorandums, and acquirer lists) and, once the sales team secures a buyer, assists with closing the transaction. This is a role for someone who wants a career in M&A and has the skills necessary to work through complicated financial statement issues but wants a more diverse set of daily tasks. Success in this role requires the ability to manage the strategy and book-building process, hold hard discussions with business owners, prepare coherent and persuasive written narrative, and present financial data in a straightforward and appealing manner.
You've put in your time developing your expertise with numbers and GAAP, now use it to embark on a highly-rewarding career with our expanding team. Our Transaction Support team members typically come from heavily overworked accounting firm, valuation firm, or in-house environments and therefore greatly appreciate our much less demanding schedule, their free weekends, and their dinners with the family. They also appreciate the fact that they hold a unique role on their team - i.e., they're not just another number - and have the chance for daily interaction with clients. This position comes with the opportunity - but not the requirement - to later expand into sales as well, should that be of interest.
- No mergers and acquisitions experience required.
- Bachelors or masters in accounting or finance required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a financial analyst or controller preferred.
Benchmark International is looking for an experienced and driven Associate to add to our growing team. As an Associate, you will be a part of Nashville's busy office. The Associate will collect, analyze, summarize, and discuss Benchmark International's clients' most sensitive data; preparing our clients to enter the mergers & acquisitions market. Through a comprehensive review of internal financial statements, corporate tax returns, contracts, and other corporate documents; the Business Associate will learn how to identify risks, value businesses, and set or adjust client expectations. The Associate will also help with various financial activities related such as deal analysis, working capital analysis, and other task needed to serve our clients.
Your experience throughout the years will be a great resource for the Benchmark team, however as an Associate, you will act under the instruction of and be trained by Benchmark International's experienced leadership team, with combined experience of over 40 years in the M&A markets.
Your specific duties as an Associate will include:
- Develop and maintain client relationships by communicating effectively to ensure expectations of both buyer and seller are met
- Gather comprehensive information about client's business through multiple sources to ensure a thorough and accurate analysis for client promotion
- Prepare and routinely update marketing materials, financial statements and business intelligence reports focusing the company's strengths and opportunities
- Analyze and interpret client's financial situation, including historical, current and expected future performance
- Prepare and present detailed financial reports after reviewing internal financial statements and corporate tax returns
- Conduct outreach to prospective buyers and update marketing materials with current information
- Ensure the CRM system is up to date with information about each client
- Provide consultative guidance on accounting, financial and valuation matters
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Comply with all policies, practices and procedures and report all unsafe activities to supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned
As an Associate, you must be highly energetic and passionate individual with a positive and highly motivated 'can do' attitude. You must have the strong desire and ambition to succeed in this demanding but rewarding industry. It is also vital for your role as an Associate that you possess excellent verbal and written communication, analytic, mathematical, and interpersonal skills as well as presentation abilities.
The Associate is a client-facing role that must be able to convey bad news and deal with clients' unique sensitivities while keeping each client moving through the company sales process at a steady pace.
Specific qualifications for the Associate include:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Proficient personal computer skills include electronic e-mail, recordkeeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to handle a rigorous schedule of deadlines
- Experienced in professional business writing preferred; including writing business plans and information memorandums
- Prioritization and organization skills
- Proficient in financial-modeling, financial-analysis, and Excel
- Commercial understanding and awareness of business and operations in various industries
- Possess valid and current driver license
- No personal history of enforcement actions by the Securities Exchange Commission, FINRA, or any state securities regulatory bodies
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration or advanced degree Finance, Marketing, or Accounting or an unrelated degree with significant work experience in one or more of these fields
- Availability for occasional travel
Our Financial Associate will receive salary plus in the range of $45,000 to $50,000 plus commissions tied to a percentage of revenue obtained from the team's closing and an additional end-of-year bonus if the team's target is achieved. On-target earnings in the range of $60,000 to $65,000.
All Benchmark International positions offer paid time off, standard holidays, and community service days. Employees are eligible for highly competitive company-subsidized medical, dental, vision, and AD&D insurance; 401k with company matching; flexible spending accounts; and flexible dependent care assistance accounts. Quarterly team outings and standing desks are employee favorites at present.
Benchmark International is an active, contributing member of the communities in which we work. The company participates in significant charitable giving opportunities throughout the year. Many of the recipient charities have been identified by our individual employees as a result of their personal passions for supporting particular needs. In addition, each employee is encouraged to use two paid work days per year to provide their labor and skills to the community.
Unfortunately, Benchmark International is not in a position to sponsor visas for candidates at this time.