Norfolk Kitchen & Bath has an openings for skilled Carpenters working with kitchen & bath remodels. Norfolk Kitchen & Bath is a family-owned business who has been a leader in the kitchen design for over 30 years. We take pride in the ability to offer beautiful kitchens and bath design and providing exceptional service to our clients. Due to growth, we are looking to add to our installation team based at our Nashua Showroom location.
This opportunity may be the right fit, if you have:
- Excellent rough and finish carpentry skills
- Take pride in your work and have a good work ethic
- Effective communication skills with clients, crew, subcontractors and management
- Able to work independently with effective problem solving & ability to plan ahead
- Ability to read kitchen layouts
- Track record of running a safe, clean, efficient job site
- Ability to take initiative when needed and show good judgement
- Comfort with email communication, accessing digital files via iPad
Candidates for this role will have:
- 3+ years in cabinet installation
- Proven skill with all hand tools and able to operate safely
- Experience installing all types of moldings -crown, base, toe kick, light rail, OCM
- Able to scribe moldings appropriately to uneven surfaces.
- Able to reverse engineer an install and diagnose issues.
- Able to complete in-field work such hinge and drawer adjustments, install hardware, properly use touch up kits and modify cabinets on site if needed or at the shop.
- Able to uninstall and reinstall cabinets, moldings, panels, doors, drawer boxes and headers, countertops.
- Clean driving record
• Able speak, read and comprehend English. Bi-lingual helpful.
• Able to work in various work conditions - inside, outside with varying temperatures
• Able to carry and move tools and materials needed for job completion (up to 75+ lbs. independently)
• Able to walk, stoop, climb, reach, lift regularly as a daily task
• Frequently required to climb heights over 6'
• Frequently exposed to carpentry equipment such as power saws, drills, etc
• Employee will regularly be exposed to construction materials and visit construction sites.