Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon's premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real world benefit. Raytheon BBN's Security team is seeking an Industrial Security Lead/Facility Security Officer (FSO). This position is available at our Cambridge, MA location. At Raytheon BBN Technologies, you will receive a unique experience in support of National Security initiatives and programs. The Industrial Security Lead/FSO will be responsible for oversight of Industrial Security at five cleared Raytheon BBN facilities located across the U.S and the day-to-day industrial security operations of the Cambridge, MA location. This position will have direct leadership oversight for a team of FSOs and security specialists. The candidate will provide expert advice and direction as it relates to complex Industrial Security matters. The candidate will also interpret emerging Industrial Security related policies to ensure a compliant program.
This role requires close collaboration with Defense Counterintelligence & Security Agency (DCSA) Field Office Chiefs and Regional Directors to address issues, brief upcoming business needs and to ensure consistent interpretation of NISPOM requirements. This position will be responsible to ensure successful government audits of our Industrial Security program. This position will require collaboration with Raytheon BBN Site Leads, Program Managers, and other stakeholders to ensure business expectations are met and proper resources are allocated to meet current and future security program needs while being responsible for managing and adhering to the security budget of the assigned locations.
What you will do
* Provide oversight and leadership of the following elements of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) at the Cambridge, MA, Columbia, MD, Middletown, RI, Arlington, VA, and St. Louis Park, MN locations: Collateral security requirements, Personnel & Facility clearances, Training & Briefings, Classification & Markings, Administrative Inquiries, Safeguarding, Classified Visits & Meetings, Classified Subcontracting, COMSEC, and DoD Closed Areas.
* Work in partnership with the Security Director and other Security Leadership Team members.
* Assess potential risks and threats that affect the business, budget, and Industrial Security program.
* Guide and coordinate activities requiring scheduling and participation within the Industrial Security team.
* Provide direct leadership and oversight for Industrial Security team.
* Partner and communicate with program and functional leadership on Industrial security matters that directly affect Raytheon BBN's business.
* Coach and mentor individuals and teams within the Industrial Security group.
* Participate in generation of annual Industrial Security expense and capital budgets.
* Special projects as needed.
What you will gain
* Opportunity to participate in all phases of program lifecycles with Technical, Contracts, Operations, Facilities, and Finance team members.
* Work with a world-class organization that embraces innovation and challenges the status quo.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Opportunity to perform daily tasks with long-term strategic thinking and near-term practical execution.
What you need
* Active Secret U.S Security Clearance, U.S. Citizenship is required.
* Demonstrated subject matter expertise in managing and implementing an industrial security program with extensive knowledge of the NISPOM and JPAS and associated government security databases
* Facility Security Officer Certification for possessing facility.
* Experience conducting NISP Self-inspections of varying complexity.
* Established relationships with Department of Defense customers and DCSA personnel.
* Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years of experience managing and implementing security program requirements or an additional 8 years in lieu of degree.
* Ability to travel, as needed.
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME:
* Active Top Secret clearance.
* COMSEC experience for a traditional account.
* Experience developing and implanting OPSEC plans
* Industrial Security Professional (ISP) certification.
* Project or Program Management Experience.
* Degree in Business Management, Security and/or Risk Management, Government Policy, Information Management, Criminal Justice, or other related field of study.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon's premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit. Raytheon BBN's Government Security team is responsible for vigilantly protecting U.S. Government Classified information for Raytheon BBN and its customers. The team is responsible for a strategic risk management program that adapts to ever-changing environments, risks, and vulnerabilities. Areas of focus includes Cybersecurity, Industrial Security, Special Program Security, and Security Operations.
At BBN, we are building a richly diverse and culturally competent employee population. We provide a welcoming environment where everyone can grow. We invite you to apply if this position sounds like it would make you excited to come into work every day.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.187610
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.