TITLE: Industrial Electrician
LOCATION: Dawn, TX
DATE POSTED: 6/8/2021
SALARY: $28.00 - $32.00
DESCRIPTION: We are seeking and day shift Industrial Electrician for our Dawn, TX location. Our electrician will be responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and improving equipment. The electrician should understand, troubleshoot, and install, starter boxes, control power, capacitance and capacitor banks, down line protection devises, motors, run new electrical service to equipment for 480V, low voltage 24V and 4-20 Ma and have PLC knowledge.
- Be responsible for safe operation of plant controls systems.
- Ensure LOTO documentation is updated/created.
- Ensure hazardous electrical energy is properly secured.
- Ensure all electrical work meets or exceeds NEMA standards of construction.
- Troubleshoot and repair automated equipment, and control systems.
- Support plant maintenance department with PLC troubleshooting at a code level.
- Test various electrical equipment (AC/DC drives, motors, and controls) using standard test equipment and observing system/unit operations.
- Design and layout circuits, install fixtures, wiring conduits, motors, and other electrical equipment/components.
- Work with Controls Engineer and Systems Engineer to generate process improvements.
- Provide guidance and support for preventative and predictive maintenance tools.
- Maintain electrical prints (redlines, print books, manuals) Ensure all electrical components are clearly labeled.
- The qualified candidate should have completed an accredited electrical program with an associate degree or equivalent.
- We are looking for a journeyman or an apprentice with verifiable experience that can achieve Journeyman level in less than a year. We operate on 480V three phase.
- Wonderware application Frameworks Allen Bradley Variable Frequency Drives and how they are used in a controls system.
- Ability to install conduit, wiring, and electrical components.
- Ability to build and install an electrical cabinet and associate components.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical prints and schematics.
- Must possess the ability to use various electrical test equipment for troubleshooting purposes.
- Ability to communicate effectively across the plant organization, with operators, team leaders.
- Extreme climate or climate variation
- Heat up to 100 degrees and lows of 40
- Changes of >30 degrees within a shift
- Rotating and oscillating equipment
- Exposure to manufacturing equipment hazards, especially forklifts
- Standing and walking on concrete floor
- Climbing of ladders
Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid LI, AD&D, Matching 401K, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time off
PHM Brandsis an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state, or local law.