The Administrative Coordinator is to ensure administrative support to the Institute for Digital Health and Innovation (IDHI) Stroke Program, Directors and Program Managers. This support includes a wide array of activities to ensure day-to-day operations go smoothly and that information that enhances integration and communication is shared and exchanged. The position requires a wide degree of judgment and attention to detail to successfully enact its duties.
The Administrative Coordinator must have the ability to set goals, prioritize competing demands, be an efficient task manager and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, demonstrate highly effective interpersonal skills by maintaining good working relationships with all staff members and IDHI internal and external programs. Additionally, the Coordinator must make effective use of organization resources and demonstrate skills as a systems thinker. They must have the ability to plan, coordinate and execute while working independently.
The Administrative Coordinator responsibilities include clerical and administrative operations, office and business operations, supporting HR functions, mastery of workflow, reporting and project management programs and website development and oversite.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience.Responsibilities
Clerical and Administrative Operations:
- Manages and route phone calls appropriately
- Schedules in-house and external meetings, including reserving conference rooms, sending invitations, producing rosters, providing AV/Polycom support, producing agenda, and taking minutes
- Makes copies/packets
- Maintains calendars/office boards and schedules
- Maintains contact and distribution lists
- Coordinates outgoing and incoming mail
- Manages and order office supplies
- Organizes company documents into updated filing systems
- Addresses employees' and clients' queries (via email, phone or in-person)
- Prepares presentations, spreadsheets and reports
- Updates office policies /protocols/documents as needed
- Responsible for website development and oversight.
- Process and report on office expenses
- Assists with travel arrangements
- Assists in the ordering process of supplies, works with the business office to place orders, track supplies, obtain quotes, request and M&R equipment,
- Participates in annual inventory process for each assigned unit. Searches for missing equipment, works with directors to ensure a thorough search is conducted
- Manages copiers and phones
- Serves as backup contact for contracted services; building manger, cleaning services, beverage etc.
- Point of contact for office equipment troubleshooting/initiate IT helpdesk/ campus work order requests
- Collaborates with HR to post positions, completing paper or online forms as directed
- Tracks 90-day evals for new hires, establishes 30 and 60 day meetings between director and new emplParticipates in program objectives planning and development
- Responsible for staff meeting attendance and input; Sharing of ideas for program improvement; Conference and retreat planning/implementation; Committees; Annual report planning/implementation
May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree PLUS two (2) years of experience in general administrative office support
- Associates Degree PLUS four (4) years of experience in general administrative office support
- High School Diploma/GED PLUS six (6) years of experience in general administrative office support
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Experience with virtual meeting platforms (Teams, Zoom, Webex etc)
- Experience using WordPress and/or web design software
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and interdependently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment with people from various cultures, backgrounds, socioeconomic status, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality requirements and laws.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).Physical Requirements Stand: Occasionally
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 26 - 50 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Occasionally
Taste or smell: Occasionally
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Frequently
Physical Environment: Inside Classroom Setting, Inside Medical Facility Environment, Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity