Lead Auditor - Automotive Quality Management Systems - IATF 16949
Nationwide, USA; based out of any home office
DNV GL - Business Assurance is seeking an IATF Lead Auditor to work in our Automotive division. As independent, third-party, auditors we assist clients of all sizes in achieving and maintaining internationally recognized certifications enabling our clients to guarantee the quality of their products.
Our ISO/TS 16949 auditors certify quality management systems for all manufacturers in the automotive supply chain worldwide - for cars, their parts, components or systems. Our auditors are generally based remotely allowing them to work independently as they travel to client sites while receiving a full complement of administrative support from our central office in Katy, TX
Tasks May Include
- Perform 3rd party ISO/TS 16949 audits for North America clients
- Document and report audit activities and results
- Interact directly with clients at all levels of management in developing timely, complete, and accurate report of their current level of compliance or implementation of their management system
- Maintain schedule of audit activity with clients
- Provide timely and accurate reviews of client corrective action and closure
- Maintain appropriate audit credentials and pursue advancement of those credentials and other related credentials as needed
- Current IATF Lead Auditor certification for ISO/TS16949 is Required (Please upload a copy of your IATF certificate to your applicant profile)
- High School Diploma or GED is Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is Preferred
- Minimum of 1 year as a Lead Auditor is Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Presentation skills and expertise
- Works well in a team environment or as a team of one
- Must be able to walk and stand for up to 4 hours at a time, and maneuver throughout multiple levels of client sites either by stairs or by elevator
- Must be able to travel up to 100% of the time, including mostly overnight stays throughout the U.S.; often involving trabvel outside of normal working hours and on weekends
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
As a world-leading certification body, we work with companies to assure the performance of their organisations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment and training. As part of the larger DNV GL Group, our 2,000 Business Assurance employees worldwide help our customers build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust. We promise to be focused on your future.
With more than 70,000 certificates issued worldwide, our name evokes a strong commitment to safety, quality, and concern for the environment. For years, we have been the preferred certification partner for many Fortune 500 companies, as well as for medium and smaller businesses.
With our extensive local presence, consolidated global experience across industries and acknowledged technical competence, we are an ideal partner for companies in all sectors. We partner with our customers to help them create value while meeting the world's economic, social and environmental needs.
Through our certification, verification, assessment and training services, we assure the performance of our customers' organisations, products, people, facilities, and supply chains. Working with companies in most industries, and some of the world's leading brands, in practice, we are virtually everywhere.