Come join the Leidos team as a member the of facilities team as a HVAC Technician. Perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, installation and alteration of District heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and related equipment and facilities; perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment
- Inspect, repair, modify and install HVAC equipment including refrigeration and air conditioning compressors, receivers, condensers, chillers, water cooling towers, forced air converter units, pumps, automatic and hand valves, expansion valves and capillary tubes.
- Conduct regular preventive maintenance inspections of refrigeration units, isolated heating and ventilating units, including electrically operated air-conditioning equipment, and make necessary adjustments or repairs; service and repair evaporative coolers.
- Repair or replace defective parts in units and equipment and their controls, including thermostats, automatic switches, fan controls, log switches, damper motors, louvers, relays, filters, controls, belts, compressors, heat exchangers, high limit controls, pressure controls, safety valves, and automatic valves.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, welder torch, vacuum pump, test equipment utilized in the trade and a motor vehicle; maintain equipment in effective and safe working condition; maintain parts and tool inventory.
- Perform skilled electrical maintenance work in the repair, installation and alteration of HVAC equipment, components, timers, motors and wiring systems as needed; connect motors to control panels.
- Performs basic carpentry, electrical, mechanical, air-conditioning, plumbing, sheet metal fabrication, and other work associated with facilities maintenance.
- Must have at least 5 years' experience of installing or maintaining HVAC systems or Building Maintenance.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb and work from a ladder, kneel for long periods of time, and work above ceilings or below floors.
- Basic knowledge of using proper PPE for each task.
- Must maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts and some holidays.
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.