Come Grow With Us!
Seeking applicants with a passion for helping those in need.
Phoenix Counseling Center has key positions available.
Human Resources Director: MA/MS and 5 years experience in the behavioral health field
Position plans, directs and coordinates HR management practices and objective of the agency that will facilitate an employee oriented and the recruitment and development of a superior workface. Through coordination with the HR staff, this position provides policy interpretation and standard procedures administration in the areas of recruitment, training, benefits, position classification/compensation and employee relations. Oversees personnel file maintenance, employee safety and risk management. Cooperates/interfaces with managers within the organization concerning HR matters which are aimed at improving organizational productivity, quality and service.
- Recruiting and hiring qualified personnel
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitudes toward organizational objectives. Ensures required documents are completed & submitted timely.
- Implement and maintain personnel policies and procedures and HR functions in accordance with the appropriate State, Federal and JCAHO statues, regulations and standards.
- Ensures all employees are notified at time of eligibility for company benefits and advises on benefit options, changes and services throughout enrollment to include Open Enrollment.
- Ensures all employees receive Worker's Compensation benefits when applicable and coordinates all necessary documentation and correspondence efficiently and in compliance with all regulatory and facility standards.
- Ensures that FMLA requests, required paperwork and return to work status are completed timely and accurately.
- Act as liaison between employees and management in employee relations and grievance issues by handling questions and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Responsible for investigation and resolution of issues related to employee relations, grievances, litigation, disciplinary actions and/or termination in accordance with all regulatory and facility guidelines.
- Approaches situations/events with a process improvement perspective. Identifies and participates in opportunities for process improvement activities.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with other healthcare professionals and skilled workers using good communication skills via written and verbal formats.
- Responsible for all EEOC and/or IRS that may arise.
- Maintains benchmarks for competitive salaries.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory, state, federal and licensing requirements that pertain to the facility and the employees.
General Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations relating to HR administration; of recruitment techniques; of employee benefit programs; of the structure and functions of governmental organization; of business organization and management as it applies to personnel and risk management programs; of human resource office methods and procedures; of business communications, to include computerized personnel management information systems; and of federal/state agency policies and procedures pertaining to FMLA, payroll processing, leave, insurance, retirement.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others; in conducting several projects simultaneously; in expressing ideas, facts and opinions clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; in analyzing complex situations and adopting an appropriate course of action; and skill in the development/revision/ implementation of policies/procedures pertinent to assigned work areas.
MA/MS degree in a human resources field with 5 years experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preference will be given to applicant with behavioral health experience.
Phoenix Counseling Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.