The human resource generalist performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: benefits administration, payroll functions, employee relations, training, onboarding, policy implementation, and employment law compliance.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedure for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Participants in developing department goals and objectives.
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefit plans. Review benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed and conducts new-employee orientations.
- Duties will include maintenance and preparation of bi-weekly payroll including but not limited to garnishments, vacation pay, payroll adjustments and time and attendance.
- Responsible for processing and maintaining HR records and documentation including new hires, training, and performance evaluation.
- Assist the HR Manager as needed to complete assigned tasks.
- Maintains employee personnel files. Updates bulletin boards and employee notices, as needed.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust to changing schedules and priorities.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, required.
- Knowledge of federal and state labor laws.
- Must be comfortable working in a highly confidential environment.
- Comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree and three to five years of HR generalist experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other human resource programs.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification.