Description: Position Summary:
The role of Human Resources Representative provides a unique opportunity to get involved in the many duties of a HR professional in a rewarding environment that will provide a solid foundation for future HR professional growth.
The Human Resources Representative is responsible for recruiting and onboarding, employee relations, personnel file maintenance, payroll record, benefit administration, and staff development.
The position of Human Resource Representative must operate all standard office equipment and be proficient with the Microsoft Suite. A strong orientation for details and accuracy is required with the ability to work under pressure with evolving deadlines. Emotional intelligence and the ability to treat all people with dignity and respect is required.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE CRITERIA
Successful candidates for the position will be able to demonstrate skill and ability, at a minimum to:
• HR Analyst duties include extensive responsibilities and task complete within Human Resource Information Software (HRIS) including changes to payroll record, benefits, wages, record set up and maintenance, employment status updates and changes.
• Partner with hiring supervisors to recruit top-notch candidates while fostering diversity, equity and inclusion and endeavoring to include persons of diverse backgrounds to participate in the hiring process.
• Process and manage leave requests: sick leave, Washington Paid Family Leave, Washington Sick Leave, Family and Medical Leave, Workers Injury Claims, special circumstance leave, or other Leaves of Absence.
• Advise, coach, and train managers and supervisors in employee engagement and HR practices and processes.
• Support and contribute to continuous process improvement of HR practices.
• Coordinate efforts with a wide range of partners to help facilitate and implement best HR practices across the departments while balancing compliance with local, state, and federal laws, and collective bargaining agreements.
• Full cycle recruitment and onboarding tasks, including:
Job Posting, Applicant review, Interview scheduling, Reference Checks, License Verification, Pre-employment screening processes, Payroll record creation and maintenance, New Employee Orientation (scheduling, organizing and tracking results).
• Maintains personnel records of hospital employees and files employee folders in prescribed manner.
• Communicates important information with staff via email, other media or notification processes as needed
• Benefit administration duties that include: Communication of benefit packages, enrollment process for medical, life and other supplemental insurance and other benefits.
• Assist Director of Human Resources in the preparation personnel reports that include details of staff changes to include status changes, role changes, open positions and other requested personnel statistics.
• Generates requested reports for managers and other team members as requested. Prepare special reports as requested, i.e., sick leave report, regular time report; union reports, etc., depicting new hires/resignations.
• Insure timely completion and submission of employee evaluations in accordance with current personnel policies.
• Is available to all 3 hospital shifts hours for personnel concerns, etc.
• Work closely with the HR Director and other members of leadership to ensure appropriate and timely staff development programs and performance appraisals in support of the strategic plan and mission and in compliance with all laws and regulations.
• Act as a liaison, when needed, between high school and college programs that interface with the facility.
• Maintain employee continuing education records.
• Actively incorporate principles of effective communication and interpersonal relationships in direct collaboration with all facility personnel and physicians to meet educational needs.
• Manager Interpreters and Interpreter processes, schedule, timecards and other managerial duties to ensure successful execution of interpreting services as a component of quality patient care. Schedule and perform evaluations for Interpreters.
• Partner with HR Director to provide oversight to Environmental Service Department.
• Attend Safety Committee meetings and assist Director of Human Resources with tasks as requested.
• Positively promote the services and image of the Administrative team and senior leadership while effectively developing and maintaining a network of working relationships with all those served by the department.
1. Greets all patients, visitors, physicians, and other staff members in a courteous, respectful and professional manner at all time. Responds to all contacts with empathy and positive interpersonal skills at all times.
2. Reports for scheduled shift on time and prepared to assume responsibilities.
• Reports to work in proper uniform/attire.
• Leaves for meal break on time and returns on time.
• Varies work schedule to meet the needs of the department.
• Ensures the department manager has approved all scheduled overtime.
• Seek supervisor approval before working beyond scheduled hours that will result in overtime.
• Schedules all time off with supervisor's approval.
• Strictly adheres to hospital attendance/tardiness policies 100% of the time.
• Performs all duties as assigned.
• Wears I.D. badge in a visible location at all times on hospital property.
• Protects I.D. and access badge and reports any issues or loss immediately to supervisor or to the Human Resource Department.
3. Attends and participates in meetings and is responsible for information communicated at meetings and in email.
• Attends all mandatory in service on a timely basis as scheduled.
• Participates as an active team member at staff meetings.
• Reads communications and acts upon in a positive and informative manner.
4. Identifies own educational needs and maintains appropriate skill level through educational opportunities.
5. Exercise a commitment to practicing behaviors that are in agreement with the spirit of cooperation and reflect the values described in the Code of Mutual Respect and Professionalism.
6. Assists all patients, family members, physicians, visitors, and employees in a professional and courteous manner.
• Extends special attention and sensitivity to all patients, visitors, physicians, and fellow employees.
• Actively promote diversity and inclusion across organization for both patients and coworkers while avoiding any language or actions considered to be discriminatory or derogatory regarding race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.
• Assists in maintaining an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork with other departments and community partners.
• Demonstrates a genuine willingness to prevent or resolve inter-personal conflicts.
• Demonstrates the ability to participate in and/or implement team decisions.
• Adheres to HIPAA and all applicable privacy laws at all times, only sharing information on a need to know basis.
7. Follows Infection Control procedures at all times.
• Clinical Personnel: Strictly adheres to standard precautions by adhering to the usage of personal protective equipment when handling blood or body fluids.
• Non-Clinical Personnel: Washes hands and other skin surfaces with soap and water thoroughly and often in an effort to control spreading of germs within the department and facility.
• Adheres to isolation procedures at all times as applicable.
8. Adheres to the following environmental care standards.
• Demonstrates adequate knowledge of safety policies and procedures, the use of MSDS sheets, hazardous material procedures, and safety codes.
• Code Blue, Code Gray, Code Silver, Code Amber, Code Red, Code Orange, Rapid Response Team
• Demonstrates adequate knowledge of security issues, i.e. personal protection, protection of personal and hospital property.
9. Be familiar with and comply with the Mid-Valley Hospital & Clinic Personnel Handbook and Policies.
10. Be familiar with the collective bargaining agreement (Union Contract) of the UFCW 21 and Mid-Valley Hospital.
11. Demonstrates the ability to adapt to varied age-specific patient populations.
• Non-Clinical Personnel: This position has no responsibility for the assessment, treatment, or care of patients. However, the ability to communicate and interact with patients of all ages is required.
. Requirements: Minimum REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma or equivalency
2 years' experience in an HR generalist role with HR and Payroll process and record responsibilities.
4 year degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or other related field.
Experience using a Human Resource Information Software/System(s).
This position is primarily sedentary in nature. Maximum amount of lifting is 10 lbs. With frequent carrying of objects up to 20 lbs. Sitting for long periods of time. Ability to file and move records which requires bending and stooping, standing, walking, and reaching approximately 10% of the time.
This person spends 95% of their time in temperature controlled office space. The potential for exposure to bio hazardous agents or exposure to blood-borne pathogens and other potential infectious agents is minimal to none..... click apply for full job details