The Leave & Accommodation Specialist will oversee, administer, and coordinate leave requests, accommodations, and workers' compensation records. This role serves as the primary point of contact for employees, vendor partners, medical offices, and other stakeholders in order to facilitate delivery and compliance with various federal, state, and municipality leave, accommodation, and workers' compensation laws.
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable leave, accommodation, and workers' compensation laws (FMLA, ADA, ADAAA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, Washington Paid Family & Medical Leave, Title VII, etc.).
- Interpret and administer leave programs and policies in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws.
- Act as the main point of contact for leave of absence requests and communicate with employees regarding their needs for leave and/or modified work duty.
- Ensures employees are aware of their responsibilities; required notices and documentation are complete and accurate.
- Educate Managers regarding leave of absence, accommodation, and workers' compensation laws plus company policies and practices.
- Maintain OSHA records and report annually as required (Forms 300, 300A, 301).
- Coordinate with third-party workers' compensation administrator on claims management.
- Exercise professionalism and comply with HIPAA when collecting, discussing, and documenting any and all information.
- Coordinate with HR partners on applicable benefits and payroll matters for eligible employees.
- Conduct HR Compliance & Risk audits as assigned.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- BS degree in Human Resources or equivalent work experience.
Licensure, Registration, Certification
- Professional HR certification preferred (i.e. PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP).
- Strong Knowledge of State and Federal Laws, HR and Benefits.
- Strong Knowledge of FMLA, ADA, ADAAA, USERRA, HIPAA, and leave requirements of Washington State.
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Proficiency with leave management systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Solid judgment and decision-making skills to ensure all tasks are performed timely, legally and ethically.
- 1+ year of workers' compensation/OSHA record management
- 1+ years of LOA experience
- 1+ years of HR and/or Benefits experience
- Prior healthcare setting a plus