The Front Desk Clerk greets and assists guests. In addition, this employee completes guest registration, room assignments, and provides excellent service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Give a warm and sincere greeting, and a fond farewell, thank you, and invitation to return
- Check the guest in and out in an efficient manner
- Anticipate the gusts needs and exceeds their expectations
- Proper cash and credit card handling
- Communicate effectively with guests
- Respond to guest inquiries and complaints in person and via telephone
- Effectively operate the hotel computer systems
- Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel staff, services, hours of operation, room rates, amenities, and hotel surroundings
- Monitor room availability, selling strategies, discounts and frequent guest program benefits
- Communicate and coordinate work orders
- Perform other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Retrieve messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or zero to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in high-pressure situations
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand and use hands to operate telephone, type and operate computer and mouse. The employee is frequently required to talk, hear, and bend and twist neck. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a typical office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but occasionally noisy.
- Though additional coverage is not always necessary, availability on weekends and holidays is required.
Headquartered in Bryan/College Station, Texas with additional offices in Houston, San Antonio, and Waco, Oldham Goodwin Group, LLC, is a fully integrated commercial real estate firm offering comprehensive brokerage, development, management and advisory services throughout the state of Texas. Our brokerage platform is designed to be full service for investors and to support our brokerage professionals in various property specialties, including retail, office, industrial, land, multifamily and hospitality property types.
Benefits: Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, Dental Insurance, 401(k), Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Company: Courtyard by Marriott